mchamp

Angle Flying/Atmonauti

In all this debate/discussion regarding tracking/atmonauti/angle flying I never came across anyone specifying stats in reference to distance.

In a perfect world a person who is let's say for example 5'10 and 170lbs or 77kg and flying in exact wind speeds and exiting along with pulling at the exact same altitude, which would go further in terms of horizontal distance?

Would steeper go farther or would flatter cover more horizontal distance or perhaps a combination of both like during break off in HD flying and repeating the cycle till pull time? My theory would be flatter but I'm just guessing and have no data or math to back it up.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Hi all,
check out the bonus jump in this link (between 2:10 and 3:10) :)It's awesome even if most of the flyers there were not perfect at negotiating two consecutive turns ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82p-O4R3aQ

Very cool tracking dive. Was the video edited to add "jittery" motion?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've read through all these Atmonauti posts and without beiing an expert I can certainly say that a lot of you are posting just bullshit. It's a lot about ego at has nothing to do with reality.

My proposal: Take a normal track diver or "flocking" diver and a guy who really is an atmonauti-expert (like MarcoT). Equipp both with a GPS and altitrack. Let them jump and see who will make how much horizontal distance. You can easily calculate angle, horizontal and vertical airspeed etc.

Then you can really judge whether you can compare tracking/flocking and atmonauti.

Before anybody has done such research you should really stop posting BS and stay hooked on your egoshit. The americans invented and perfected hell a lot of stuff but you should consider that maybe just sometimes it is possible that people from abroad might be able to develop something before you did so.

cheers
Mo.

Angry much ;)

That was rather fun to read. I don't care what it's called but you're right, some of it is bullshit because it's not true! ... but some of it is. It's all flying and it's great.

Tracking correctly will give more distance, Atmoflocking or whatever you wish to call it is performed relative to other Atmoflockmonuts and can be very fun, dynamic, and extremely challenging. It can be slow speed or high speed. Precise or not so precise. Tracing and multi directional changes are fun as hell and quite challening to stay close to a fast leader.

It's all a form of tracking really. Steep or flat or somewhere in between. Doing it well is another form of bodyflight at it's finest. :)
Ps: Atmoflocking and Atmoflockmonaut. I made the name up but did not invent it.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

This thread is hilarious.

It reminds me of the internet arguments in freeskiing where people fight about if a trick was a rodeo, flat, misty, or bio rotation. Because it is so important to figure it out!

All I know is that this looks like a lot of fun, and I want to learn how to jump out of the plane and do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-GdLZ96xCg

This thread is hilarious.

It reminds me of the internet arguments in freeskiing where people fight about if a trick was a rodeo, flat, misty, or bio rotation. Because it is so important to figure it out!

All I know is that this looks like a lot of fun, and I want to learn how to jump out of the plane and do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-GdLZ96xCg

...but thats 2yrs old!
this is last month:
http://vimeo.com/39810929?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cliptranscoded&utm_campaign=adminclip
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

But I can tell you also , than soon will be publishable a University research conduct by Aeronautic engineer and Aeronautic Professor about the Atmonauti theory , with very hi-level software , and I can anticipate than the amount of lift is VEEEEERY significant … ! Stay tuned (…. Soon we will see who LOL for real ) and enjoy Atmo !

maybe I missed it. Its been almost a year, did anything ever come of this statement? has someone on here got some data about the claims of significant lift through 'atmo' or 'Tracking'? Im currently working on something and would greatly appreciate it someone could point me the the direction of some solid evidence.

cheers,

Andy