Morne

First solid sit

Nice! I did my first bit of back flying last week. Tried some backflying with turns first jump. Barely got the sit up second jump. Sat it fully up on the third try (slight turn). It is really exciting having a different landscape of freefall while free flying. I don't have an audible yet, but am very altitude aware. Went from 120mph (belly to earth) to 153mph (sit). WOOT!

Cheers,

Stearny
Stearny

I did my first solid , stable , controlled sit from 10k to 5k when my protrack said peep.

Did some left and right turns also to look around.

5th try at sitflying.

1st jump - transition from flat to sit went loopy :D
2 and 3 - some 4 second sits
4 - 2 sits of about 10 seconds
5 - the great success

Now I know im not a expert now , but it felt good!

Well done, congratulations!

Now go find a coach and do a filmed coach jump in sit and let the guy (gal) give you some solid feedback on your position and how you move.

Get those hands in front of your torso and fast and fly using your back.

They'll explain B|

Well done,

Coops.

Forget the plane for a while, go to the tunnel, trust me:)
Fixed: at 45 jumps you need to keep current in order to develop your canopy skills
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Nice! I did my first bit of back flying last week. Tried some backflying with turns first jump. Barely got the sit up second jump. Sat it fully up on the third try (slight turn). It is really exciting having a different landscape of freefall while free flying. I don't have an audible yet, but am very altitude aware. Went from 120mph (belly to earth) to 153mph (sit). WOOT!

Cheers,

Stearny

I would suggest get one ASAP. You can lose altitude awareness very quickly , and that is all it takes to go low fast. [:/]

Got one after that day actually! Optima II. Love it to death. However, I have noticed that I look at my altimeter less than half the amount of time I used to without the audible. It is weird, but I feel less comfortable with a audible/visual combination than opposed to just a visual altimeter. In addition I did a 3 way sit fly with student gear that fit really tight on me with no free fly bungie. I thought it wouldn't be a problem, BIG MISTAKE. Leg straps fell down to behind my knees at 5k. Was in a back spin for about 1k fixing the issue. Normal track and deployment. Kind of scary. Looks like no sitflying for me again until I get my own gear with freefly bungies.

Cheers
Stearny