dabase

Best Freefly suit?

Just to add something different,
TONFLY!
Nick

The Tonfly looks sick. I have a Tonfly Converter helmet that is bad ass.
The only thing I see that may be a problem is it comes from Slovakia.
What if it doesn't fit? ....it will have to go all the way back to Slovakia.
It might be worth it though.

My girlfriend measured me and she had one of his suits as well. We went over it pretty thorough, but man, the legs were a good 4" too short. That's a huge difference. The stirrups were useless. The quality was pretty good....but the customer service sucked.

Just to clarify you are talking about Vertical Suits...correct?

Yes.
my pics & stuff!

What are peoples thoughts on this then at the current time?
Ive currently got a matter suit, which I love but I need a new custom one.

Choices are

Vertical
Boogieman
Liquid Sky

ANyone got any input please ;)

Liquid Sky in my opinion. Made extremely well and the fit is perfect on my suit.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Of those three; My money would go to Vertical Suits, they seem to hold up the best. Plus I've heard multiple friends not happy with their liquidsky....

My money HAS been going to FireFly! Definitely the best-cheapest!

Either way customer service seems to be great with all of these companies (from what I've seen/heard).

I was talking with some people from Arizona Arsenal, and they said they like a lot the Ouragan suits ( I know they are their sponsors). My suit is in order and getting made as we type. Brandon Atwood their camera man was telling me that he still has his first suit after 500 skydives and 1 hr at least every week in the wind tunnel.

Also, it would depend on what are your plans, vertical for what I read, but are you planing doing some tunnel time on the future as well? also what kind of weather you jump in and if it has the option to get some more weather resistant material, how do you normally land, if it has the option for extra resistance on the knees and butt ( I land on my butt a lot when swooping ).
So ask yourself what are you going to need for the suit and who would give you the best option on what you are looking for.

It is a pain in the ass to do the search and is easy to just ask people opinions on the internet, specially when everyone loves what they have (including me)

Just to add something different,
TONFLY!
Nick

The Tonfly looks sick. I have a Tonfly Converter helmet that is bad ass.
The only thing I see that may be a problem is it comes from Slovakia.
What if it doesn't fit? ....it will have to go all the way back to Slovakia.
It might be worth it though.

Actually Sonic from the Ranch (in New York) is now a Tonfly dealer and the only one in the United States.

http://www.tonflyusa.com/
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

now that i've just gotten my v2.. grrr!

Exactly the same! I just got my second V2, and I hear about his V3.... >:(

a buddy of mine is in the same boat too..

uh well!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Had an Ouragan, a Liquid Sky, and now have a Tonfly Uno 618. Ouragan was really well made, and so was the Liquid Sky. And with both of those suits, you have a lot of options as far as the design goes. Love my Tonfly for skydiving. Super sleek, badass suit. However, I'm a tunnel flyer as well, and have to admit that I don't love the Tonfly for the tunnel. It has zero drag. I don't like baggy suits, I think you need to fly your body. However, in the tunnel, a little drag is never a bad thing. No drag means you're forced to fly at much higher speeds, which in turn effect your efficiency. It's much harder to take head up docks when you're flying topped out... Just something to think about. Also, not sure that you need all that cordura on the arms. Other than that, I the suit is excellent. Also, I'm pretty sure it's bulletproof.

it really sucks when one guy make all the freefly suits for the entire world.

Julio must feel great to see otter full of liquid sky suits.

'Whole world' meaning USA huh B|

+1

this thread seems to be US only, as we don't see a lot of these suits in Europe. I would check out Sonic and Boogieman as well, as they seem to be the high-end brands coming out of Europe these days..

this thread seems to be US only, as we don't see a lot of these suits in Europe. I would check out Sonic and Boogieman as well, as they seem to be the high-end brands coming out of Europe these days..

I am pro-Sonic, from the beginning, but would like to point out that the Tonfly is also a great suit (and european), and there are "other" european suits with good quality and "cheaper" prices, specially from the eastern european countries (like Intrudair for example)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I am pro-Sonic, from the beginning, but would like to point out that the Tonfly is also a great suit (and european), and there are "other" european suits with good quality and "cheaper" prices, specially from the eastern european countries (like Intrudair for example)

Sure, I forgot about Tonfly. They are definitely a force to be reckoned with, bot their suits and helmets are great.. Don´t know much about the suits from the eastern european countries, but I'm sure there are good suits to be found in europe without buying Sonic, Boogieman or Tonfly..

I just received my Skylark suit, from Ukraine (I paid for it four weeks ago). I need to make it a little tighter on the legs, but other than that it's great, especially if you consider the fact that I got the fanciest suit they make, including shipping and so, for 250 USD.
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump