Kynan1

For ALL freefliers..

Hmmm...personally, I think that things like body position can only be learned by actually flying it, either the sky or the tunnel, preferably both. What I think a dvd would be helpful with would be things like exits, approaching formations, flying once in a formation, etc.

For me personally, I have a whole lot of tunnel time, so I can fly my body however I want to. But I am waaay less proficient with exits. Say I want to take out a linked 5 way sit out the door...well, I can guess what everyone should be doing out the door to make it work, but, I don't know for sure. This is the exact reason I love jumping with experienced organizers. They have the knowledge and experience they rely on that translate into successful skydives.

I think that instructional dvds/books that could bottle up that knowledge/experience would be very helpful. Some things that are obvious to people that have done it thousands of times, while they may not be difficult to perform in the sky, are not so obvious to those that don't have the same number of jumps. I don't think there's anything like that out there, so there'd probably be a pretty decent market for this product.

Agreed. I know basic videos are out there, one series. I never considered buying it, with 100 jumps under my belt. As most freefliers with over 500 jumps, certainly wouldn't purchase.
Feel free to note anything else down everyone.

But I am waaay less proficient with exits. Say I want to take out a linked 5 way sit out the door...well, I can guess what everyone should be doing out the door to make it work, but, I don't know for sure.

On that note, I think it'd be great to show two of the same exits, one that worked and one that didn't work, and slow-mo it or something to explain to the viewer why the one didn't work. That might help us get that "ah ha!" moment.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon