fluidynamic

Wats more important for freeflying??

Hi, I'm new to the sport and this is my first post :$

I'm currently jumping a Dolphin D2, which I'm starting to get kind of tired of. So I've been considering getting a new container, however I've also been considering ordering a custom LiquidSky jumpsuit. Being that I'm a college student on a tight budget means one or the other... so which would be a higher priority upgrade for freeflying? thx

What do you mean when you say you're tired of your rig?

I think it may be a little too small... the leg straps are pretty uncomfortable when I'm under canopy. Also, I'd just like to get something a little nicer, maybe something newer (DOM '95), articulated, more colorful, etc.

Would a dolphin be considered FF friendly? I have a basic ideal, but what exactly does that term mean?
Don't worry... I'll stay out of the incident reports

Its a no brainer dude! GET A NEW CONTAINER!!!

I just ordered a basic LS suit with a few extras(Perfect by the way) with Julio and costed me US$ 400,00, a custom suit full of extras can get in the 700 range, i bet you can buy a nice Freefly friendly container with that value.

Get rid of the Dolphin and buy a freefly friendly container now, down the road you buy a bad ass suit.

Later

I say go for the rig. If you are going to be around SDD tomorrow then look me up and we can look at your rig. If not then next time your out get with Greg (DZ rigger) and he will be glad to help you out:)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Define new rig...is this a "NEW" rig or a "NEW to you" rig, meaning used. I mean you have under a 100 jumps why get a new brand new rig? There are many freefly friendly rigs out there in lightly used conditions. I just don't like to see newbies buying new rigs wasting jump money to look good standing around on the ground...just my .02

a FF safe container IMO is a higher priority. also ask around the DZ if anyone has a ff suit you could borrow once in awhile. i did alot of my early sit fly jumps in a friend's extra suit. when he needed it for a camera jump, i'd jump in a long sleeve shirt and tuck my jeans leg in my socks.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

a FF safe container IMO is a higher priority.

I'll back you and call it fact, not opinion.

No need to fly dangerous skydiving gear. We've already done that. Unfortunately the GoPro wasn't out back then otherwise the issues would be long gone.

Good luck, get a rig, the suit can wait.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Define new rig...is this a "NEW" rig or a "NEW to you" rig, meaning used. I mean you have under a 100 jumps why get a new brand new rig? There are many freefly friendly rigs out there in lightly used conditions. I just don't like to see newbies buying new rigs wasting jump money to look good standing around on the ground...just my .02

Used rig for sure, like I said college student on a limited budget. I think I'll wait till I'm on active duty before I order any new rigs (military discountB|).

Thank you everyone for answering my question! I'll just have to wait to look cool I guess... it'd probly be pretty bad anyway if I showed up to the DZ looking all hot in my LS suit then went flailing all over the sky like a knarly poser :P

Thank you everyone for answering my question! I'll just have to wait to look cool I guess...

Trust me, you're the only one who really cares what your jumpsuit looks like! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thank you everyone for answering my question! I'll just have to wait to look cool I guess...

Trust me, you're the only one who really cares what your jumpsuit looks like! ;)

obviously, u're not a FAG; no wonder u no friend of mine.. ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You can freefly in any clothing (some much safer than others) or naked if you want to. Buy the rig first, the suit can wait.B|

Naked sounds interesting... I just wouldn't want to pull the wrong "emergency handle" if something went wrong :o... hehehe

You can freefly in any clothing (some much safer than others) or naked if you want to. Buy the rig first, the suit can wait.B|

Naked sounds interesting... I just wouldn't want to pull the wrong "emergency handle" if something went wrong :o... hehehe

It retracts in freefall.

It retracts in freefall.

like a frightened tortoise :$
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."