DebaucheroRdrgz

Learning to Fly Series...

Hi there, I'm curious to know has anyone out there bought the Learning to Fly series dvds? I'm refering to the "learn to sitfly/ backfly/ transitions" ones. I have have been tempted to get them a few times but have decided against it each time because they are a little on the pricey side for me.

Some people have told me that they are good (people trying to sell them at a gear store) and then other people have also told me that they were dated and that they didn't like them.

As far as my ability goes, I can hold a mediocre sit a solid stand, and a really crappy head down. Haven't done much back flying though. What I'm wondering is for you experienced freeflyers out there, do you think that those vids would be worth the investment?

I plan to do tunnel training, and coach jumps as I can of course... just curious about how good the vids are. Thx

I got to see backfly and sitfly. I didn't buy the videos, but saw them at a friends.

I watched them while I was just learning to freefly and was going to a tunnel in few days. I thought the videos were really good and they helped me a lot to understand how things work and why they work the way they do. I recommend these videos to anyone learning to freefly.

Not selling them to you, just my opinion ;)

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

"This DVD combines the skills learned in the previous DVD's (Backfly & Sitfly) and blends them into the prerequisite exercises to evolving to Head Down flying."

This is what their website says about Transitions I. I probably misunderstood the part about HD.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Transition I is the Head Down video... isn't it?

Three weeks later here I am.

As discussed above Transition I is in fact the predecessor to the head down video.
I originally thought it was the head down video too. It isn't nearly as informative as the back fly and sit fly video but nonetheless is fun to watch.
I guess he wants us to be able to get to head down before we actually try to fly it. Lol

Would people in this thread like a video that covered ALL HD, Sit, Transitions...and more so, very common questions in 2 and 3 way FF points, such as Double Spocks, Mixed Rounds, Totems.
-Exits
-Dive Flow

People with @500 jumps who have basic knowledge, but want to get to that next level quicker.

For $60, same price as just one of the other 4 videos in that Freefly series. A modern video by one of the top freefliers today and in HD.
Sound good?

Hi there, I'm curious to know has anyone out there bought the Learning to Fly series dvds? I'm refering to the "learn to sitfly/ backfly/ transitions" ones. I have have been tempted to get them a few times but have decided against it each time because they are a little on the pricey side for me.

Some people have told me that they are good (people trying to sell them at a gear store) and then other people have also told me that they were dated and that they didn't like them.

As far as my ability goes, I can hold a mediocre sit a solid stand, and a really crappy head down. Haven't done much back flying though. What I'm wondering is for you experienced freeflyers out there, do you think that those vids would be worth the investment?

I plan to do tunnel training, and coach jumps as I can of course... just curious about how good the vids are. Thx

yeah they're dumb...waste of money. Anyone can say keep your head back and legs down when flying a sit. Want to learn? go fly in the tunnel and/or get coaching.

But if you do want to watch some videos for free...look up Niklas Daniel @ expert village. your welcome.

Would people in this thread like a video that covered ALL HD, Sit, Transitions...and more so, very common questions in 2 and 3 way FF points, such as Double Spocks, Mixed Rounds, Totems.
-Exits
-Dive Flow

People with @500 jumps who have basic knowledge, but want to get to that next level quicker.

For $60, same price as just one of the other 4 videos in that Freefly series. A modern video by one of the top freefliers today and in HD.
Sound good?

Sounds real good! Sign me up.

True to a degree Surfbum. The basics are somewhat know when it comes to body position in sitflying/HD.
For veterans like yourself with 600 jumps though, wouldn't it be useful to have a video describing how to fly certain exits/docks/ways to work up to productive 3 ways, etc?
For example, flying a totem or getting into one. There are many ways of doing it, but which is the most effective, what level of basic sitflying is really necessary to fly this point.
Or take a few basic real freefly exits, how many people with 500 jumps even know how to fly a proper sit/sit exit? The next question is, how many care? haha

I've viewed some of Niklas Daniel's videos and they are informative, without question, but there are many things I think that aren't covered in current material out today. I personally, don't have the answers or a wealth of knowledge, when it comes to this subject...again, I'd purchase a video that told me these thing...Mr. Bum:)

True to a degree Surfbum. The basics are somewhat know when it comes to body position in sitflying/HD.
For veterans like yourself with 600 jumps though, wouldn't it be useful to have a video describing how to fly certain exits/docks/ways to work up to productive 3 ways, etc?
For example, flying a totem or getting into one. There are many ways of doing it, but which is the most effective, what level of basic sitflying is really necessary to fly this point.
Or take a few basic real freefly exits, how many people with 500 jumps even know how to fly a proper sit/sit exit? The next question is, how many care? haha

I've viewed some of Niklas Daniel's videos and they are informative, without question, but there are many things I think that aren't covered in current material out today. I personally, don't have the answers or a wealth of knowledge, when it comes to this subject...again, I'd purchase a video that told me these thing...Mr. Bum:)

so true. yeah you're right, I would totally buy a video like that. Great idea!

Is it just me or is it obvious to everyone else to that Kynan and Surfbum are the same person hahahaha Good luck with your videos however you might want to advertise in a mag or something.
Btw The freefly series by Skydive u is fantastic and worth every penny. And The new dvd head down is out and the best of the bunch.

Is it just me or is it obvious to everyone else to that Kynan and Surfbum are the same person hahahaha Good luck with your videos however you might want to advertise in a mag or something.
Btw The freefly series by Skydive u is fantastic and worth every penny. And The new dvd head down is out and the best of the bunch.

Dude, you're so smart. Ever think to look when the profiles were created? Kynan's was created 4 years ago, and mine; 3 years. Congrats! You uncovered a conspiracy.

:) Forum wars!!!
I haven't said anything bad about the freefly hd video or others in the series, other than I wouldn't buy them. I know Jaoal somewhat and he obviously knows his stuff, with 10000 tunnel hours, etc. I was talking about a different type of dvd. I'm not trying to sell anything, but get some feedback.
Do you have any?

What online store si the headdown vid available from? I looked on paragear, square 1 and skydiveu and couldn't find it anywhere.

;)
It is also available @
www.joaotambor.com/dvd.html

you can also check out some short videos on youtube

NEW RELEASE for LEARNING TO FREEFLY SERIES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZggQMBHKYg

PRE – RELEASE - HEAD DOWN DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_VsfU1pnA

TRANSITION BONUS TRACK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DGTp6OJG60