selwyn

Project vfs paraclete xp

Due to poor attendance at 2009 nationals in vfs -

we are holding tryouts to build new 4way teams - tryouts are open to anyone who can fly head down in the tunnel - we will start at 3:1 coach to flyer -- move into 2:2 . tryouts are planned for the end of Jan -

If you want to learn/fly/compete in VFS but don't have a team -- this is your opportunity to learn and find others who are also interested.
contact either :

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

I agree with Harry. Been freeflying for many years and have competed at nationals in VFS as well as freefly.
I have about 80 hours in the wind tunnel over the past 10 years but every time I go to a wind tunnel the instructors never let me get on my head unless I pay for a coach.

I agree with Harry. Been freeflying for many years and have competed at nationals in VFS as well as freefly.
I have about 80 hours in the wind tunnel over the past 10 years but every time I go to a wind tunnel the instructors never let me get on my head unless I pay for a coach.

just get someone to sign you off...

I think you are missing my point here. My questions were legitimate questions about the tryouts. I wanted to know if they were actual tryouts or a skills camp.

If they are tryouts...........I'm not ready, cause I havent built my skills up enough to do VFS in the Tunnel. If its purely a skills camp then I want to attend.

Regarding your situation........Was it just a simple....We don't know you or anything about you......so show us what you can do and we'll sign you off??? That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Do you have a profile on the IBA website showing your tunnel experience? If not how are they to know you can do what you say you can do, without seeing you do it.

I see alot of experienced skydivers that go in the tunnel and think their skydiving numbers should be enough and often it isn't and they slam into the wall. I also see some slow speed tunnel (older tunnel), flyers try to hit a high speed tunnel and think there's no difference. In both cases there is a huge potential for folks getting hurt.

When I went into the tunnel, I checked my ego at the door and went in to learn what I didn't know. Who cares if you have to start over. We never stop learning in this sport.

My Point here is that I think it's reasonable for a Tunnel to ask you to show them what you can do before they will cut you loose in their tunnel. That includes having spotters for HD. If you don't need them that will be evident very quickley and they'll let you go.

I am agreeing with you Harry.
And yes, it is a situation where they don't know me.
I guess I have not been to a tunnel in quite a while, I have never been asked to make a profile on IBA or anything of the sort.
Looks like 2010 is my year to become a tunnel flyer. YEEHAW!!!

Hopefully we hear back from these guys, if it IS a skills camp them I am in too.
I can honestly say that I don't think I can fly on my head in the tunnel. But I am ready to start.

Try outs / skills camp.

The tryouts are for people who can already fly static head down in the tunnel - for at least 1 min at a time.

However if you are unable to do this we can provide skills camps to get you up to speed, just email me and we can sort it out.

As for not being allowed to fly on your head -- i can hold on to you , flip onto your head - you can either do it and i let you go, or you can't and you need further coaching, either way we can figure it out in about 30 seconds.

The commitment at this point is to show up , meet some people fly some 4way and then make plans accordingly.

we have no skydiving schedule at present - step one come to the tube and fly.