Vertifly

Great Flyers

So, let's say I'm on a jump with you where you got your slot paid for because you organized the jump. If you jumped with a video, would you give people a debrief and point out things they could work on, or would you not because you were not paid a coaching fee?

I'm just curious...the guys I learned from were coaches at my dz, but they were always happy to give advice after an organized jump. Their opinion was that it helped them too because it gave them more people will skills to jump with. Just wondering if you do that too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Guess you would have to come to Zhills and find out. ;)

Of course I would be happy to help. It is always my pleasure. I could go on all day about this, but I love flying and the sport of flying safely and with many others. In my opinion, anyone who continues to fly for many seasons is in it for the growth. You have to love this s##t to keep on keepin on. Truth is I am getting tired and was somewhat reminiscent in my origical post about how groovy things were and how stagnent flying seems to have become. In my opinion, flying should be out of control by now. Still has a way to go it seems. Hope to see anyone on the East Coast (west coast of Florida that is, at Zhills). It is my honor to work with those who have a passion for flying. That is my take; I hope that it is more clear. Dragging this on is getting weird. Blue One's and be safe.

Again, all are welcome to come see us - the East Coast guys and Scarecrow at Zhills over the boogies and at the Ranch.

Guess you would have to come to Zhills and find out.

You gonna be there over Thanksgiving?

It's great to hear you'd be happy to help. I love the pay it forward attitude that most of the people in skydiving have and I hope it continues! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've reread the initial post and would like to say what I was going to say before I got on my little rant.

I agree 100% with what is stated in the initial post and I wish more people had the exact same attitude. If you are doing AFF, tandems, or video for these, it's about business. Team coaching for competition should be about business......but I'd love to see freeflying head back toward the way it was 10 years ago.....free exchange of ideas and pointers. This is one of the reasons I don't jump much anymore. I did 1 jump with a guy that I had never met a couple weeks ago to video him and give him some pointers (and no i did not charge him and i paid my own slot) and the guy (and a friend of his) has called me a couple times telling me how much he enjoyed it and how many times he has watched the video (which took me a week to get to him) and it reminded me how much I love most aspects of this sport we have all chosen to be a part of.

I love the forums. I read you guys posts and it brings back memories of the old days.
Get off the fucking computer and go prove yourself in the sky. Who cares what someone types. Its what you do out in the real world that matters.

You ever think your better than someone else, go out and do a ball challenge jump with them. And if you ARE better than them, guess what...
There is always someone out there better than you.

Now back on subject.