thrillstalker

the future

i am still a student and i know that im a long way off from being able to even attempt freeflying. it is the discipline that i am most interested in learning. can i go straight to freeflying or are there other disciplines i need to do first??? i did really well on my aff jumps and didnt have to repeat any, and i am a pretty stable flier for a student. what is the suggested jump number i need to reach before i start attempting to freefly??? also im a big guy so i tend to fall like a brick. one of my instructors on aff 7 was sitflying while i was falling belly to earth. will this be a problem (not having anyone that can keep up), or will i still be able to slow my fall rate in freefly positions???
thanks and blue skies!
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

well, different people take different approaches when trying a new discipline. some tips for you:
1. there is a lot to learn on belly flying, try improving your tracking skills fro example.
2. start learning how to fly on your back and then try sit flying. ( this may take a few jumps or even 100's to get it right) .
3.skydive university website has some great videos to learn freeflying.
4. I Personally went from belly flying to wingsuits and then freeflying . I am still learning a lot on al disciplines.
5. Get a coach.

No matter what approach you take, always keep it safe.... and one jump at the time..
" THE SKY IS THE LIMIT "

JMO but I would say get to atleast 100 jumps before you start backflying then going to a sit. I feel you need to build a lot more air awarness and tracking skills. That bing said some disagree with me but I think it gives you an advantage and could keep you from making a big mistake that could be really bad that would not be as bad on your belly.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com