thepaintballguy

Funny Sit-Fly Attempt

Well everyone this is me trying to sit-fly. This is my third attempt at it and as you can see in the video... i still suck. I was laughing my head off though during the jump every time i flipped over and lost it. Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKclOeMas6U

Josh
Q: Why would someone ever want to jump from a perfectly good airplane?

A: Why Not?

That probably brings back memories for most of us! :ph34r:

So, from watching it, do you know what you need to do to correct your form?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ah the memories.......:D I have more than a few of videos just like that. My FF instructor always had a camera and dubbed the video for me. I have maybe 20-40 FF jumps from my progresion on one tape. It is funny as shit! But once you get it......It's great.

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

maybe a little material on those arms would help

+1 and spread your legs.... think solid base. It's what my freefly coach taught me....... be strong, spread the legs, chin up, toes up...... then just feel the air. B|
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Looks awesome!!! ;) I'm glad you were smiling, too!

What worked for me was pressing my heals down versus pointing the toes down. And transitioning from a backfly was easier to me, too.

Keep trying! I know I am!

My first stable sit fly was a sunset load overlooking the ocean behind mountains. It was freaking awesome!

"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

Congrats! It took me dozen of jumps to do something that resembled a sit fly. Once you’ve learned you will wonder why it took so long. Just one note: when learning the basics of freefly stick with 2-way, even if you jump with a coach. The other guy in the jump was very far but he could have been floating above you creating a risk of collision. Actually, I recommend you only jump with a coach at this stage. Although you’ll jump less, your learning curve will be much faster and you won’t develop bad habits that may take even more jumps to get fixed.
Never lose eye contact with a jump partner, especially if he is not proficient enough. Believe me, I almost got myself killed in a freefall/ canopy collision. Luckily I was able to survive and learn with the experience.
Enjoy your training jumps!
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Thanks guys for the input. I have done a few more FF jumps and can now pretty much hold a sit the whole time. It will take me a while to get into it sometimes but once i get it I am able to hold it ok. Still working on it! :)

Josh "Sweets"
Q: Why would someone ever want to jump from a perfectly good airplane?

A: Why Not?