Txflier

Freefly exits??

Hey I was just looking over the National Collegiate rules. They is a list of exits for VFS. does anybody know where I can find some video of the exits. Yes I did a search. I would like to review them. I've done a sit train but would still like to see some good video of it. Plus sit leg lock, head down flower, head-down piggy back.
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

For video of 4-way VFS exist, I would suggest finding clips from teams like Arsenal, Mandrin or Hybrid XP. There are links to most of their individual team sites on theVRW4way web page: http://www.vrw4way.com/index.asp

Due to the fact that VFS is evolving so quickly though, the best advice you can get for technical things like exits (especially 4-way exits) is to actually get some coaching or talk to some experienced VFS flyers. Even if you’re working on 2-way exits you can still apply a lot of the 4-way ideas to some aspects of the exits and docks. Since things are still changing so much, different teams will often launch the same piece different ways depending on their individual team strengths. A video can show you what the exit from a certain team looked like back when they made the video, but they have probably tweaked it somehow or learned something new so they aren’t doing it the same way now. What a video can’t show you is the little things like how to visualize the exit sequence, how aggressively to push/pull, what to do with your hips, head, etc.

Since you’re in TX, try to talk to the VIBE guys out at Skydive Dallas. They have a lot of experience with competitive freeflying (2-way) and I believe they’re competing in VFS (4-way) now.

Video is a great tool, but without a good description of what’s going on it only goes so far. The more you can talk to different people and learn what works for them and why, the better you’ll be able to progress.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Thanks I'll check out the link. I'm going to a boggie at skydive 35 on the 25th put on by the center of gravity. i think I'll get some great help there. I just wanted to be able to view some of the exits before I did them. Well lets see if I can get good enough in the next year to compete in the Collegiates. :)

Well we are going to try to start training for the National Collegiates. We'd like to do some RW, VFS and accuracy. We just started the club this semester. We have 5 certified people and some others that just started AFF so we'll just kinda see what happens

Did YOU start it or did somebody else? Reason I am asking is because I go to A&M and am trying to get the club started again but I'm not sure how I am going to get it up and running.
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"