Vectracide

Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you.

Hey. Lookin to get a fullface for the seasons up and coming HD bigways that might get a little combative....100 way you say? So, between the Z-1 and the Oxygen, which has better a better seal and performance at 170 mph? Nevermind fit, just looking for the better due to application.

Thanks.
Brad

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

I know you didn't mention it but I have 1000 jumps on with a factory diver and I like it because its simple, the shield doesn't blow up, and its not as big and bulky as some with the flip up lens.

IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go.
Na' Cho' Cheese

Jarrett, got to be honest with ya bra... I smell what yo steppin in and like yo style. Been on tha Factory Diver schedule for years now and will never deal with another lid. Well, except fo my bran new NV only cause Thomas Hughes rocks it soooo well.

To quote a genius... "IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go. "

Jarrett, got to be honest with ya bra... I smell what yo steppin in and like yo style. Been on tha Factory Diver schedule for years now and will never deal with another lid. Well, except fo my bran new NV only cause Thomas Hughes rocks it soooo well.

To quote a genius... "IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go. "

Not over rated for those who wear specs
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I switched from the Z1 to the Factory Diver about a year ago and love it. If you're flying head up with a Z1 that is the tiniest bit loose and it gets hit in the side, it can come right off. I've never had a problem with the Factory Diver.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Just say NO to the oxygen. I have been in freefall and watched as it came open on a friend of mine... Twice! Second time, broke the visor in half. As for the rest, its all in fit. I jump a Freezer and it is by far the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn, or the thirty or forty people who have jumped mine. It fits snug and comes in a few different shell sizes, so its not all in the padding.

Also a plus is the visor closing method. Will never open on you, and can open under canopy. Which for us up here in Canada, where it is quite cold and you might need to scrape off that condensation you've built up, comes in handy. There is also space for sunglasses if you like.
I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

With the Factory Divers, is it irritating having a fixed visor during takeoff? I immagine that on hot Florida days that can get a bit much.

Not for me, I've worn a Factory Diver on all of my jumps. Sure, it's a little hot, but the climb to 1000' doesn't take that long. I'm already hot and sweaty, a few more minutes doesn't matter.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Anyone have the Mamba? That seems to me to have the most secure closing method for the visor. Much better than the Z1 I also looked at.

I used the mamba for freefly. I had no problem doing sitfly but when I started practising head down the screen would pop open every time I tried a transition.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you can take off the visor for the factory diver. I just use goggles under mine. Love it! I'm not really sure if I got kicked square in the face that the visor would provide any protection.....maybe I'd just end up with chucks of broken plastic in my face.....maybe not... I dunno.
but I loves me some factory diver =)

i use a cookie gas fullface and i absolutly love it!!!! ive only jumped it a dozen or so times, sitfly, transitions, head down, all lovely. it is a little noisy, even with an audible kinda wierd. but highly reccomended!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

***I'm already hot and sweaty, a few more minutes doesn't matter. ***

Are we still talking about helmets ??? :)

...rude

Come on man, she was practicly beggin' for it.

I'm thinking about flying fullface too, I'm always jealous of those farting flatflyers who start breathing in their Z1 and let the openhelmet freeflyers suck it up.
Just don't know how I'll get my camera on it (they should make a fullface with a Z-kull system)...
All speeding past collide and crashing, I'm in paradise.

Just say NO to the oxygen. I have been in freefall and watched as it came open on a friend of mine... Twice! .

If you close an OXYGN properly it won't come open. Unfortunately the closing instructions aren't intuitive and those who don't read instructions are likely to have this problem... Twice.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anyone have the Mamba? That seems to me to have the most secure closing method for the visor. Much better than the Z1 I also looked at.

I have a Mamba and I love it! Feels great, the visor is very secure and no problems at all with it even coming close to shifting around on my dome or coming off.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you can take off the visor for the factory diver. I just use goggles under mine. Love it!reply]

I use the same thing, provides good protection but I can still feel the wind on my face. I wear my Gatorz underneath and love it!