countzero

sit exit pointers

i am looking for pointers and ideas for my freefly partner and i. we've got about 25 jumps together and can both fly a solid sit. but we've tried just about every exit (linked and un-linked) we can think of, as well as, all the ones other more experienced freefliers have shown us. but we still end up going unstable and having to recover. which results in seperation, which in turn causes us to use up dive time to close on each other before we do anything else. i know it takes time and practice, i'm just looking for more things we can try because i'm getting tired of spending most of the dive getting back together after a botched exit.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Think about where the relative wind comes from when you're exiting : from the prop / front of the airplane

When you're sitflying, you're flying with your feet into the relative wind right? Think of that body position when you leave the plane, feet towards the prop.

So for the front floater:
Head towards the tail, placing your feet into the relative wind (towards the prop)

Rear floater:
step off, and fall on your back, feet towards the prop.

The front floater is "more" responsible for the exit, as you have to jump forward and up a bit (towards and over your exit partner..)

It's a tricky exit for sure.. but that's roughly how I can explain it best I think..

We are trying this exit and are about to nail it soon. One hand grip, one jumper is out the door looking in, the other is inside looking out, at exit both roll sideways almost 90 degrees, but definitely more than 45 degrees into the relative wind. The jumper outside must jump out and up to avoid pulling down on the other jumper and spinning. The jumper inside must get both his feet out the plane before his torso catches air or he will spin out of control. Hold firmly on the grip and use it as a handle to hold the position. Remember that you have to fly sideways for at least 5-6 seconds. We flipped over many times until we realised this because we wanted to fly vertical too soon and catched air from the side. We went out all right and after 2-3 seconds, where both pulled to the same side. Remember as well that if you both turn a little, then you no longer have to fly sideways but on your back/front for a little time, following the relative wind.

When you nail this, you have much better chances of doing it dock free.

i am looking for pointers and ideas for my freefly partner and i. we've got about 25 jumps together and can both fly a solid sit. but we've tried just about every exit (linked and un-linked) we can think of

One of you should cimb out facing the tail in the front of the door, one in the back. The guy at the back of the plane gives a count and you both step off and sit.

You should be close enough to dock on the hill after the rear floater turns 180 degrees.

If you're better, the front floater can face backwards and the rear floater forwards but that's harder for the rear floater.

Better still, you can do that with one flier's outside foot on top of the other's. Exit together and adjust drag so you stay parked like that.

Try a knee locked exit. One jumper faces the prop, one faces the tail. Roll out, keep legs locked till stable (if your sit is decent it shouldnt take too long) and then enjoy. Thats how i did my first few sit jumps till i could do it stable just leaving the plane. i guess its kinda like a 2way horny gorilla on exit