amychmelecki

20-Way Sit Round Record Breaking Attempt

Skydive Arizona
November 1st and 2nd
Halloween Boogie

Currently the biggest sit round that we know of is the 15-way we built last spring; let’s make it bigger! We will start by building a belly round then key it up to a sit round.

Everyone who thinks they have the skills is invited to give it a shot. Please understand that because you register does not mean you will be on all the attempts. We may have to make cuts to make it happen.

This will be a two day event! We will do about 5 jumps per day.

Registration is free. Fill out the attached registration form and give it to the Skydive Arizona manifest by the time manifest closes on Friday, October 31st. You can faz you registration from to manifest at 520-466-4720

Meet at 8:30 am on Saturday November 1st to kick things off.

Saturday night is the costume contest at the Bent Prob. There will be a DJ, dancing, prizes and boogie beer!

Questions? Contact Amy at [email protected]

I was at one of the sit invitationals and man with some of the best sit fliers around it was awfully hard to build big accordions

Cheers

D
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

but why start it out from the belly? Why not keep it sit from begining to end? Surely it can be done.

If you were to import the top head up flyers from around the country they probably wouldn't have much difficulty building a 20 way sit. (but you also wouldn't be offering an open invitation on DZ.com) Then the rest of us would all have to sit at home and wish we were that good. Amys events aren't geared for the best of the best. Amys events are geared towards skilled jumpers who (1) want to have fun and (2) want to be challenged. This event in particular is an excellent opportunity for your average weekend skydiver to do all of the above along with getting their picture in the magazines and being able to claim they've been on a world record. :) I think its a lot more about the fun and the challenge than the World Record part.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

I think it'd be a great idea to bring back the head up challenge/work on building bigger and bigger "all-head up" sit-rounds, but that doesn't mean that these belly to sit rounds Amy is organizing aren't bad ass too. In fact, I'm a huge fan : )

I'll do my best to make it. I certaintly wouldn't want to miss another go at it! (even if it means flying out from Florida on back to back weekends)

Would rock to build a 10/15-ish round with the belly-to sit transition, and getting a few hard-core skilled mutha's to fly in and do normal sitflying docks and build some stingers, so you get something cooler than just a circle...and you could still have the mixed-bag of skills around to do this..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think he's asking why not just go for the harder attempt.

because it not all JUST about breaking a record with multi thousand jump gurus.

It's also about getting folks you are an intermediate skills level in a place where they can jump with and learn from some very talented and skilled people, AND in the process maybe break a world record. It's not all about the glory.

but i could be wrong :P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We damn near pulled of a 32 way belly to sit transition at Lodi a few weekends ago! 32 freeflyers made a big ass belly formation, turned to a second belly point, and all went to a sit. Unfortunately the outer formation broke in the sit transition. Real freeflyers can too belly fly!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Yeah, I was just going to say that. :) A 20-way belly for freefliers is about as hard as starting from the sit! Who we kiddin? :D

:P Yep the video is very entertaining watching 20 free flyers trying to belly fly. See where dissing the belly gets you? Zoo loads! ;) Bad ass flyers like Amy excepted of course :)