freeflyimpaired

2008 VRW

Is going to be much more competitive than 2007. I just found this - Arsenal

I have a team put together this year, not too competitive, we're just friends trying to challenge and improve our skill. Our goal is to be turning 5 points per round by Nationals. Last year that would have put us on the podium in Intermediate but I don't think we'll be so lucky this year.

Who else is planning on competing in Intermediate VRW? I'm really hoping to see more than 5 teams this year.

I'm expecting to see Elsinores Jedei and Team Dysfunction from here in AZ. Does anyone on here know if Mandrin still has a couple of farm teams coming down? Will the Dallas crowd be showing up again?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Team Vibe will be there. We have a new team here at Dallas named Evol. They are planning on being there also.

I expect to see more intermediate teams at Nationals this year. I really want to see this take off and one day have numbers similar to 4 way RW.

I really want to see this take off and one day have numbers similar to 4 way RW.

I think this is just the beginning. Have you seen the 8-way VRW stuff from the folks down in Sebastian? (Sorry, but Youtube is blocked here at work so I can't include the link.) ... The future is full of possibilities!B|

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Dallas is bringing two teams?!? That is awesome, I'm glad to hear it. Is Vibe pretty much the same lineup that it had last year? You guys were a fun bunch in Chicago.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

We have two different team mates this year. Goat and Aaron started Team Evol. Jeff and Robert Smith added.

Team Vibe

Brand Chouinard
Justin Russell
Jeff Deem
Robert Smith
Robert Villalobos

Team Evol

Goat
Aaron Necessary
Casey Anderson
Feedus
Brian Moffitt

There's the sleeper right there!! I knew that NorCal could easily put a team together that would do some serious spankin, I just didn't know if they would do it or not.

Thats is excellent. The more the merrier. It will be a bit embarrassing getting beat by an all chick team though. B|

Hold that thought, some demo shots to follow (not joking, need to do some digging, hilarity will ensue). We talking excess drag (pun intended) to keep him inverted?

Edit: Review attached. had to pull these from my phone, these are the least incriminating. I have more for a less public forum. He cross over well enough for the slot?
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I am sure it will be just as much fun or more so. The challenge of competing will be exciting. Meeting and hanging out some the top freefliers in the world. The parties!

Open looks like it will be a close match. It will be exciting to see who comes out on top.

I am pretty sure there will be more teams in the Advanced class then there were last year. I am looking forward to the added competition and meeting some new people.

There isn't a full list that I know of. We can start a list.

Team Vibe will be competing in Advanced class.
I know Team Evol from Dallas was planning on being there.

I can't speak for anyone else but these are the teams that I expect see there.

Team Mandrin
AZ Arsenal
AZ Drive
Elsinore Jedei
Team Dysfunction
NorCal Alliance
Hybrid XP

Open:

Az Arsenal
Deland Hybrid
Az Drive
Mandrin
Norcal Alliance

Advanced:

Elsinore Jedi
Dysfunction
NorCal chicks
Joe's Team
Dallas Evol
Dallas Vibe

Also, I think 4-speed (the French team) is planning on being there as a guest team to train for the world cup. The same might also be true for Outbreak Vertical, though I don't know.

Open:

Az Arsenal
Deland Hybrid
Az Drive
Mandrin
Norcal Alliance
Mayhem

Advanced:

Elsinore Jedi
Dysfunction
NorCal chicks
BLuR
Dallas Evol
Dallas Vibe
Mandrin Farm Team (Kenny, Hutto, Romesburg and some others I don't know)
Arizona Team (Josh Dog, Gabe, Alex and others)

I have to apologize for not remembering the team names of all these guys that I know are planning on coming.

This is going to be a great turnout. I hope everybody makes it down. Is there anyone else out there bringing a team down or looking for a pickup team?

Open:

Az Arsenal
Deland Hybrid
Az Drive
Norcal Alliance

Advanced:

Mayhem/Mandrin 1 (Dave, Rook, PJ, Marshall, Brian)
Mayhem/Mandrin 2 (Mike, Kyle, Sporto, Matty, Chris)
Mandrin Farm Team 2 (Amy, Dennis, TJ, Eduardo, Mike)
Elsinore Jedi
Dysfunction
NorCal chicks
BLuR
Dallas Evol
Dallas Vibe
Mandrin Farm Team (Kenny, Hutto,
Romesburg and some others I don't know)
Arizona Team (Josh Dog, Gabe, Alex and others)

I have to apologize for not remembering the team names of all these guys that I know are planning on coming.

This is going to be a great turnout. I hope everybody makes it down. Is there anyone else out there bringing a team down or looking for a pickup team?

I was talking to the guys at SDC today and they mentioned some changes. I put them at the top of the list in bold.