hparrish

Jive Jam 2008

With the addition of the Paraclete XP Tunnel in Raeford, NC and the influx of Freeflying talent that we are anticipating in the Carolina’s…..Now is as good of a time as any to bring back Jive Jam. Jive Jam is a gathering of Intermediate and Advanced groups of freeflyers that meet several times in a season to work on challenging Freefly, VRW, or Big Way skills.

What it WILL be in 2008 :

1.) I am bringing Jive Jam back to it’s roots. The Primary Purpose is for Freeflyers of like capabilities jumping together and trying new challenges.

2.) It is intended for Intermediate and Advanced Freeflyers Only.

3.) A Chance for Advanced Freeflyers to give back to the sport and do Advanced Jumping.

4.) A Chance for Intermediate Freeflyers to learn from the Advanced, and gain the skills necessary to take the next step.

5.) It will have a year end goal of attempting a 20 Way (Or Larger), NC State Freefly Record.

6.) Fun and Challenging for All.

What Jive Jam WON’T be in 2008 :

1.) It won’t be an Invitational Event : But I ask that folks be honest about their skill level. If you can’t fly your slot in a 3 Way Freefly jump and take clean docks, then Jive Jam is probably not for you. I consider this a minimum Intermediate requirement.

2.) It won’t be a Beginners Skills Camp that offers Basic Freefly instruction.

3.) There won’t be Organizer Slots

4.) There won’t be Discounted Jump Tickets, unless the DZO wants to do it.

5.) There won’t be Fee’s to attend.

6.) No Frills………You Show Up because you want a challenge.

7.) The Event will no longer travel outside of the Carolinas. All Events will be hosted at Carolina Sky Sports, Raeford, Chester, or Paraclete XP. (Sorry I’m a new Dad).

I’m looking for feedback from those who are interested in attending. Jive Jam has traditionally focused on VRW and Big Way skills, but I’m interested in hearing what the group as a whole would be interested in.

1.) I’m not opposed to bringing back Space Balls, Tubes, Big Nasties, Flocking, Tracking, Hybrids. What ever is going to get folks together is what Jive Jam will be about.

2.) How Often are you interested in attending: Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually???

3.) I’m by no means a Freefly Master, I expect all to feel free to step up and organize a jump.

4.) I’m hoping we can get the Advanced Freeflyers to step away from 1-2 jumps per event to take up the Intermediate Groups and Challenge them…..Push their Comfort Zones. The remainder of your jumps can be Advanced. Remember above when I asked you to give back?

5.) What do folks think about Jive Jam Tunnel Events?

6.) Do You think email or DZ.Com is the best place to update everyone regarding Events and Schedules?

Drop me a line and tell me your thoughts. Jive Jam will run from April – October 2008 just like past seasons. I really hope to see everyone out there this year, I think North Carolina is going to be an exciting place to Freefly in 2008. I know I’m really excited.

Harry P

The Jive Jam 2008 Schedule has been finalized. The first event will be held April 19-20 at Carolina Sky Sports, Louisburg NC. Hope to see a big turnout.

Jive Jam #1 – 2008 / April 19-20 / Carolina Sky Sports

Jive Jam #2 – 2008 / May 24-25 / Raeford

Jive Jam #3 – 2008 / June 7-8 / Skydive Carolina – Chester / Rodriguez Brothers Family Reunion

Jive Jam #4 – 2008 / July 19-20 / Carolina Sky Sports

Jive Jam #5 – 2008 / August 30-31 / Raeford

Jive Jam #6 – 2008 / September 27-28 / Carolina Sky Sports

Jive Jam #7 – 2008 / October 18-19 / Raeford

Jive Jam # 8 – 2008 / November 14-16 / Raeford – Tentative NC Head Down Record Attempt. I will need assistance with making this an official State Record Attempt……..IE getting judges and or officials to verify the record.

I’m also working out details with Paraclete XP to host some Jive Jam Tunnel Camps, for those that want to work with the Instructors to Fine Tune skills. I personally go to the tunnel as much as possible, about once a week. I’ll post more details when I finalize things.

Harry P

Good to see someone trying to get this thing moving along again. Kudos for that Harry. I'll try to make as many as I can. A jive jam tunnel camp every now and again would be awesome as well.

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

Hey Folks,

The weather is actually supposed to be decent tomorrow until the late afternoon. And even then, there is only a 30% chance of rain with winds 10-15 mph. Sunday is the same.

So Jive Jam is still on, and I’ll be there at 9AM. May be a good idea to get started early just in case. Look for me……..I’ll be the Ugly Fat Guy in the Ugly Yellow Jump Suit with too much confidence and a really shitty attitude bitching and yelling at everyone any time they screw up or miss their slot. That’s a joke for those that don’t really know me, except the Fat Ugly Guy comment. That’s true.

A couple folks have asked about lodging……..I’ll have limited space in my camper, there are a couple camper slots that I’m sure Nancy would let someone use for the weekend, there is Tent Camping as well and a CLEAN Shower facility. Here is link to the CSS Page for Hotels. http://carolinaskysports.com/TheDropzone/Lodging/tabid/178/Default.aspx

Tunnel Camps

I’ll be asking tomorrow, but would like some feedback on email too. What do folks think about Jive Jam Tunnel Camps on Friday Nights before the Raeford Events?

I’m in the process of negotiating rates with Paraclete XP. Any Rates I get approved will be exclusively for Jive Jam and I definitely believe in spreading the love and sharing any rates I get. I have lined up Selwyn Facey and Chris Gray (Awesome Tunnel Instructors), to run the tunnel camps. I think the camps will be a great way to fine tune skills necessary for Big Way. And yes even for those that are already great freeflyers…….The Tunnel is invaluable.

So PLEASE let me know the interest level in Jive Jam Tunnel Camps. I’d like to get a headcount and Firm Dates worked out. I need at least 4 people per hour, any less is too tiring unless you already have Tunnel Muscles.

Harry P

Thanks to those who came, I had a great time. Even though turnout was light, it was the first Jive Jam of the season and the season openers have been historically light on turnout.

Simon I enjoyed playing with your Balls. Folks are going to take that where the want to regardless of how I word it. So I'll make it easy for them. I'm definately down for a 140, 150, and 160 Ball if you feel like making them.

Unfortunately we have little to No footage, due to an overly cautious S&TA not liking some camera helmets. But we managed to pull of some nice freeflying this weekend. Please make sure you have cutaway systems on your camera helmets for future events or bring a spare helmet.

I look fwd to next month at Raeford. And hope to see more of you out there.

No worries Harry! Simon to the rescue! I got a bunch of footage despite the evil S&TA and even a few hot photographs of one our ball jumps (See attached below).

I hope to shoot a bunch more photographs at Raeford next month. Anyone want to volunteer as my camera whore?

And by the way, the teaser vid has been released of my upcoming DVD. Check it out here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=32672662

Let me know what you think B|

-Simon

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Hey Simmon,

Great shots..I look like an ass with my tongue all out!!

Anyways..I wouldn't mind being the camera whore for you since I have experience shooting your Rawa/XT. Take care, and let me know how things are and what you think.

And Harry..thanks for getting it all together. Hope to see you all soon at Raeford!! Its going to be a blast!

Wade

Well I have to say that Jive Jam was allot of fun this past weekend.

Thanks to Simon for the Balls, and Atmonauti Jumps.

Thanks to all who made it out, I had a Blast and hope you did too.

I put together a Video from everyones footage. I've uploaded to both DZ.Com and Skydiving Movies.Com, so once they are available I'll post links.

There will be a Date Change for the Jive Jam Schedule. Jive Jam #3 (June) will move to June 28-29 at Raeford.

I will still be attending the Rodriquez Brothers Family Reunion Boogie at Chester, on June 7-8, but this will not be a Jive Jam Event. There are just too many Boogie Activities going on to make Jive Jam feasible during this Event.

Date Change Jive Jam #3:

Change From June 7-8 / Skydive Carolina – Chester / Rodriguez Brothers Family Reunion

Change To June 28-29 / Raeford NC / Raeford Film Festival.

Reminder.........The next Jive Jam event will be held at Raeford on Sat-Sun June 28-29. Jive Jam will overlap the Raeford Film Festival & Military Appreciation Boogie that same week.

I'll be showing up to the Paraclete XP Tunnel Thursday Night 6/26, at 8PM. PM me if you want to meet me there.

I'll be at the DZ on Friday June 27th to do pure fun jumping, then we will get down to business of Jive Jam on Sat & Sun.

Hope to see a big turnout.

Harry P

Jive Jam #3 – 2008 / June 28-29 / Raeford - Combined with Raeford Film Festival & Military Appreciation Boogie.

Jive Jam #4 – 2008 / July 19-20 / Carolina Sky Sports

Jive Jam #5 – 2008 / August 30-31 / Raeford

Jive Jam #6 – 2008 / September 27-28 / Carolina Sky Sports

Jive Jam #7 – 2008 / October 18-19 / Raeford

Jive Jam # 8 – 2008 / November 14-16 / Raeford – Tentative NC Head Down Record Attempt.

I am tentatively signing up to come down that way for one of the jive jams...

gotta figure out the dates with the lady

:P:P:P

D

http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.