amychmelecki

VRW Comp at Skydive AZ (info and pick up teams!)

Hello Guys,

Arizona Arsenal is organizing a VRW competition at Skydive Arizona on April 19th and 20th. We will be using this forum to post info as details unfold. Here is what we know so far.

Date: April 19th and 20th

Judges: Nationally Rated Judges are coming to the event. This will provide a great opportunity to speak with the judges and get a feel for how they will be judging the nationals. The judges are:

• Judy Celaya (national’s chief judge)
• Tim Wagner
• Gary (sorry not sure what his last name is)

Teams Confirmed:
• Paraclete XP
• Arizona Arsenal
• Arizona Drive (a bus)
• Ellsinore Jedi
• Team Dysfunction

We have also heard that there are a few more teams coming from Lake Ellsinore. Please let us know if more teams are planning on coming.

We will be posting registration info soon

Pick Up Teams:
We know there are a few individuals that are looking to put together a team during the comp. Please make a post if you are interested.

Rules:
Nationals Rules! Please see uspa.org for more info.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for questions regarding the comp. [email protected] Keep posted for more info.

I am not sure if they are coming? Does anyone know if Mandarin is coming? That would be sweet. Last I heard, they were not.

I also think TJ is bringing a team, but I am not sure.

There is also another team from so cal coming.

I miss you guys so much and I can not wait to see you!!!!!!!

Here is some onfo regrafing Registrations and an attached registration form.

Registration fee is $150 per team cash ($30 per team member) or $155 per team credit card ($31 per team member). Registration is due to Skydive Arizona manifest before Friday April 18th at 6pm. No late registrations will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!

There will be a mandatory meeting where at least 1 team member must be present in the main hanger on Friday evening at 7:00pm to go over rules and receive the draw.

3 USPA nationally rated judges, including Nationals Chief Judge Judy Celaya will be present and Omniskore will be used for the judging.

How was the turn out? When its availible I'd love to see the final standings. I'm rooting for Team BLuR from work cause I'm to much of a pussy to compete.

Hope everybody is having fun.
Joe

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Open Class

1st place Arizona Arsenal with 15.67 average
2nd place Paraclete Hybrid XP with a 11.67 average
3rd place Outbreak with a 4.83 average
4th place 9DAG with a 4.67 average

Congratulations to Arizona Arsenal with an awesome performance! They killed it! Thanks to Outbreak for traveling all the way from the UK! Nice job guys. We were looking forward to Arizona Drives debut but they had a team member that was very sick.. Get well B!

I don't have the scores for the Advanced teams but I do know that Elsinore Jedi took 1st place with a 6.33 average! Outstanding job by the new team! It was a great competition and very well organized. Thank you very much Skydive Arizona, and Arizona Arsenal for organizing the event!

- Thanks Amy and company for putting on a great meet.
- Thanks Keith for the stills / outside video on our round six.
- Thanks Sara for explaining a better way to shoot video of a B.
- Thanks Eliana for putting Jedi up this weekend.
- Thanks everyone who traveled for the event.
- Thanks to the judges for putting up with our dive pool.
- Thanks to the Case Grande carnival operator for the goldfish.

Wow, what a fun weekend!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated, helped out, judged and supported the meet.

Mandarin, thanks for helping us coin the name of this meet and the future VRW meets. The “Where’s Mandarin? VRW Meet”

I put together a spread sheet of the rounds, draw, scores, teams and standings. Also, check out the photo. Enjoy!

The next VRW meet will be at Skydive Lake Elsinore. “Where’s Mandarin? VRW Meet Part 2” will be June 14th and 15th. See everyone (but Mandarin) then!!!!