arcane

Freefly Jumpsuits

Curious as to what suits are considered the best all round for freeflying.

Is down to personal choice or are there some clear favourites.

Also, does anyone have a boogieman suit (www.boogieman.fr)?? Thoughts, opinions, feedback etc.

thanks

Ryan

I own a boogieman suit and I love it. It is exactly what I asked for, fits how I wanted it to, and is very durable. It has hundreds of jumps and hours of tunnel time on it, and it is still in good nick. They are a bit pricey, but worth it if you know what you want, as it will last. Hope that helps...

L

Liquid Sky Suits rock! www.liquidskysports.com Best customer service hands down and they can get you a suit way faster than any other company I have seen. Did I mention the quality is awesome and there are quite a few options available too. Quite a few people at my DZ have a LS suit and all are very happy with them. Oh yeah, I am selling a pair of FF pants if you are interested. Check out the classified ads.

not hating on the FF suit companies, but wasn't it taught to wear clothing to be suitable for your skydive. so if your freeflying get less drag clothing but most of all I feel suits are made for accurate drag and safety. So whichever the choice make sure your handles are free of material.
I believe a believer, not a lie from a liar.

My experience--

Matter- bad customer service, okay(ish) quality

Michigan Suits- great customer service, cheap, last for ages....! mine is finally being retired having done over 2500 jumps and 20 hours in the tunnel

Ouragan- just ordered one, will be here in the next 2 days. rush order in 2 weeks, insanely fast. very friendly + professional on the phone. can't wait to see!

I have a modified freefly suit from Ouragan, which I use exclusively in the tunnel. It's NOT their tunnel suit. It has been fabulous. I hope you have the same great results I did--great design and fit; no changes or alterations required when it came.
TPM Sister #102

to put in my 2 cents:
-my first suit was a kurupee. cheap as hell and it showed. bad customer service and a suit that fell apart. definitely wouldn't recommend.
-currently i have a tony suit. the customer service was great but the cut and fit of the suit was waaaaaaaay off from what i ordered. had to send it back to be altered. they got it back to me fast and followed to the T the instructions i gave them on the design of the suits and handled the custom instructions great. ive had the arm pit blow out twice on me so far. although i must say the suit breaths very well (even being all black in the middle of the humid ranch summer). good suit over all but will go with different company next time.

good luck and blue skys!

tuck
:::Team Scarecrow:::
East Coast bad boys of body flight

Ouragan suits are really nice, but really expensive.

I've had two Michigan suits and liked them both. The first one was perfect right when I got it. The second one was built too tight and had to be sent back. They built me a new one and got it out to me within two weeks. All in all, I would say that they are a good company and put out a good product.

I've also had a Flite Suit freefly suit and a pair of their freefly pants. They look good and last pretty long, but I'm not really crazy about their style of cuffs on the legs. Thats just my opinion though.

I really like Deepseed suits now. I got a pair of their swoop shorts and was really impressed with their construction. I also got a pair or their freefly pants, a camera wing top and a freefly top that is second to none. Out of everything I've tried and seen out there, Deepseed takes my number one spot for recommendation.

I agree with Tuck about Kurupee.. I had very poor customer service and the suits were very poorly sized and of garbage quality.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Boy a lot of people have some bad things to say about Kurupee, I had nothing but great experience with them. I put about 800 jumps on my first Kurupee suit and about an hour of tunnel time. Towards the end, the zipper had trouble holding in a head down.

My newer suit has about 200 jumps on it and an hour of tunnel time and it still looks great. No problems with it and the quality seems to be much better then the last one. Much better collar/zipper.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I don't know what to tell you... mine were garbage. Bad sizing (measurements were bang on and the exact same both orders) and both suits came completely different sizes. Both had major load bearing stitches coming out before even being put on. And both suits had crap zippers. I do know one other person at my DZ who got a second hand Kurupee that was fine. Who knows, maybe mine were built on a Friday or Monday. Customer service was not friendly or helpfull to me at all.. other than the fact that I pissed them off enough to finally break down and give me a new suit.

Moral of the story... consistency is not one of their strong selling points.

I wash my car and paintbrushes with pieces of my Kurupee suit now...

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

The cost of many freefly suits is completely outrageous. B|

I agree, lastly I looked at those new deepseed suits, the price their asking is rediculous, even for the base model.

What???

You do realise the prices are in New Zealand dollars, right? It makes a big difference...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?