tylermx138

Skydiving with no rig! This guy is nuts!

Travis Pastrana, the one who won the X Games by being the first one to pull a double back flip on a dirt bike, recently skydived with no parachute. Here is a video clip of his new movie Nitro Circus 5 where he jumps out of a cessna with nothing but shorts, socks, and a red bull! This guy really likes pushing the limits! Enjoy!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22195954

Here is a link to the article

http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=3055619

Yes, i read somewhere in the article about it that he had a harness on underneath his shorts... Im guessing it was just a simple harness the went around the waist with leg straps and a couple hooks for attachment points... Really not sure what it looks like but he was wearing one.

i don't really see why this belongs in the freelying forum, but what the hell.

there is already another thread in either general or bonfire about this event, so talks would probably be better suited in that thread. it was mentioned in that thread that he was wearing a climbing harness of sorts under his shorts.

Wow, I just lost some respect for Mr. Pastrana.

I second that...

Sorry to dig up this topic.

But why have you lost respect for him? Why do you care? The only thing he did that I didn't like was drop the can. So tell me. What does this have to do with "respect".

Don't be sorry for doing that :)
I just think it's a bad thing for the sport to give people the idea of skydiving without a rig is a good idea... And well... I know some people whom would be dumb enough to try it themselves, and I guess that is just my opinion...

If everything seems under control.. You're just not going fast enough..!

Travis Pastrana, first class idiot.

I bet penty of people called the wright brothers idiots and the fist guys that parachuted. AJ hacket was called an idiot but now bungee jumping is a multi million dollar industry.

Define idiot if you will please?

I wouldn't do that stunt but it was quite calculated and it worked very well.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yeah i agree, he might be crazy but he definitely thinks things through before goin through with the actual stunt. In his new movie, Nitro Circus 5 "Thrillbillies", there is so many dangerous stunts but all well thought out. If anyone has the opportunity to see this movie take it, will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time, dirt bikes, monster trucks, rally cars, snowmobiles jumpin 260 foot gaps, alot of base footage and got a good 7 - 10 minute section of base at the grand canyon, definitely a must see!

I just think it's a bad thing for the sport to give people the idea of skydiving without a rig is a good idea...

Seriously? Bad for the sport? How? Even if he went in, how is it bad for the sport? surely it would be bad for some people but as a whole, who cares.

Do you think people en masse will suddenly have the urge to jump with out a rig? Most skydivers don't even know who Travis is let alone he jumped without a rig. It was pretty ballsy and I won't put it into the GOOD idea category but certainly have no inclination to believe it was bad for anything.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to put thoughts in the heads of non-jumpers that skydiving is a good idea. But if someone wants to jump, I'll be happy to teach them.

Now for the short reply:

Awesome!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm curious to know where this took place and who are the others involved, it's clear they know what they are doing.

Stunts like that take a lot of thinking, I'm pretty sure the thought about the premature possibility, maybe had a plan B out of frame..