skyjuggler

VRW Events 2008

What events are happening for VRW in 2008 that you know of?

Has an official date and location for the US Nationals been released yet?

I heard something about a World Cup running at the same time as the World Meet in France so that VRW will be up and running for the 2009 World Meet. (2 world cups needed for World Meet criteria), anyone know about this?

Is the European event happening again? Any dates and place?

Malevsky Cup in Russia, any VRW proposed there?

Has an official date and location for the US Nationals been released yet?

Yes see here

I heard something about a World Cup running at the same time as the World Meet in France so that VRW will be up and running for the 2009 World Meet. (2 world cups needed for World Meet criteria), anyone know about this?

The 1st World Cup of VRW bid will be submitted by the USPA at the next IPC meeting in France.
Tentative date is the week after USPA Nationals 2008. Location: Eloy Arizona

IF the Cup is awarded we will get the information out as quickly as possible.:)

Betsy

Thanks for the info, I'll look out for updates! How many days do you think it will run for / take to get done? 3 days as per the US Nationals time scale?

Yep, checked the vrw webpage too but it doesn't really mention too much on 2008 events. (I don't think anything is mentioned for 2008)

If anyone else has info on any of the events mentioned above or other euro events please post the info!

Arizona Arsenal is organizing a few VRW events at Skydive Arizona though out the next 7 months.

December 28th, 2007: Arizona Arsenal VRW Day during the Skydive Arizona Holiday boogie! Free coaching and organizing

January 12-13, 2007: VRW mentorship program / scrambles competition with Arizona arsenal

April 19-20, 2008: VRW competition with Arizona Arsenal

May 10th – 11th, 2008: VRW mentorship program / scrambles competition with Arizona arsenal

The two mentorship programs and the VRW day during the boogie will be free. We may all have to through down a little coin for the camera flyer slots, but all the coaching will be FREE!!!!!

During the mentorship days and the VRW day everyone will be put into a team with an Arsenal member or you can come with your own team. Arsenal will dirt dive the points, fly the points and debrief the points with each team.

If you are interested in VRW----you should definitely check it out!!!

We will post more info soon regarding the VRW comp.

If anyone has any questions, give me a shout.
[email protected]

Team Mandrin will be hosting a 4 Way VRW Scrambles meet at Skydive Chicago June 7th and 8th 2008. Details will be available on the Skydive Chicago and VRW4way.com web site's once finalized. Each Mandrin team member will be on different teams to help everyone have a great time.

Later

Dave

And here's another....Team Mandrin will be organizing 4 Way VRW and 8 way VRW durng the afternoon's of Monday July 28th and Tuesday the 29th at Summefest - Skydive Chicago. Details will be available on the Skydive Chicago and VRW4way.com web site's, the organizing is free, just get yo butt to the boogie. Each Mandrin team member will be organizing different groups to help everyone have a great time.

Later

Dave

2-way VRW is being added to this years Carolina Skydiving League (CaSL) meet schedule. Actual dive pools and class specifications are still being hammered out but I'll keep a post updated in the FF forum with the details. (and it looks like there well also be a "rookie"/head-up class, so that opens up the playing field for alot of us normally scared off by the advanced and open dive flows!)

YAY
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...