yeyo

backtrack advice

So...Ive tried bout 12-15 times, each time getting better. I try to relax but I still feel Im stiff and my hands look weird hehe Besides keep on trying, what can I do to improve my flying? Do I look tense or not relax? Arms, legs, back, head, arch??? I really like tracking jumps and want to get good at leading them. Be honest please hehe:) I can take a punch if its for my own good.
Heres last try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40dYIdliy9Y
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve.
Are you wanting to go faster? Track on a steeper level?
You could try several things

Bring legs closer together almost touching.
Bring arms in to body
These will allow you to grab more air instead of letting it spill between the cracks.
Actually arch while on your back. this will give you a different angle of attack.
Every little thing you do will change the trajectory.

Just a few things to think about.
Think of it like this.....All we are doing is pushing air to change how we move across the sky. :)

my power is beyond your understanding.

You could de-arch a little more. Get the guy going out with you to be above you, but ahead and slightly to one side. You should then be looking at him, with you neck leaning far back, looking where you're going, rather than back at the aircraft,

You're not potato-chipping much, which is good. I'd also keep your shoulders positive - they need to be rigid, like the leading edge of a wing. If you do potato-chip, it's because you're shoulders need sorting out, not your legs!
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

You actually look pretty good. If you want to achieve a shallower angle and go faster, arch your back more and bring your feet together, point your toes, and bring your hands into your body. You can see plenty of back tracking at http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=2ua91
keep up the good work.
SCR-21

Thanks ev1 for the replys...

skyedivr, I want to achieve everything. I want to be able to go slow or fast or steep or flat when I say so. Right now Im just 'assuming the position' :$hehehe without really knowing the effects of changes in body position.

Pendragon, I understand what youre saying and never thought the potatoe chipping was because of the shoulders. Ill keep my eyes on that.

cutaway, Ive seen that movie 98761 times and I dont get tired. Ive been to Oahu 3 times to surf, before I started skydiving. If I visit again, Ill be honored to follow you over the north shore. Mahalo â nui for the tips :P

This is for sure one of those 'practice makes perfect' things. Learning is fun.

HISPA #93
DS #419.5