Vertifly

World Record 2007 - What do we got?

Vert...its been going on for the last two days, since Weds. We had 2 days of warm ups before hand, with several 30+ ways being built, I think even a 40-way. The goal is a 69-way, as we have many flyers here this year all jostling for a slot. The jumps have been very very promising, and all I can say is that we are very, very close. Lets put it this way, quoted from one of the organziers "every jump we have done today has been a record", but its just not our declared record.

We'll get it.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

I've been watching the debriefs... one of the jumps Thursday was very close indeed, maybe one or two out. The center has been very solid - it's a round with loops off it. The whackers build on that, and several of the whackers have been complete. There looks to be one problem area, but I'm not sure if it's a personnel issue or just running short of time.

On one jump one of the planes had an O2 problem so they went from 15k instead of 18k.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

definitely exciting to watch from the ground. the debrief videos are impressive as hell.
there is a great energy from all of those involved.
we are all keeping our fingers crossed for them.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Very cool. B| I look forward to seeing the pics. Anyone know of a list showing everyone's names on the jump?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ask and ye shall receive. Photos by Jason Peters and Norman Kent.

edit note: Edited out the attachments until either Jason or Norman post them themselves. Since this is a record event and will most likely be published we have decided to leave it to the photographers discretion to post them. ~ Blues Ian
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In the photo by jason it looks like someone is on their feet... on the end of one the wackers on the left side of the pic. can someone confirm that? And where is a list of names? or is there even a list yet?
"Don't mistake common stupidity for common sense"
-Bill Dause

Everyone was on thier head in the formation. Yes, there is a list of names, no I do not have it,but I am sure it will be published with the write up in all of the mags shortly.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In the photo by jason it looks like someone is on their feet... on the end of one the wackers on the left side of the pic. can someone confirm that? And where is a list of names? or is there even a list yet?

Three different views were posted at SDC today, two from below and one from above. Everyone is seen to be head down.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I will say that Mellisa Nelson deserves some props for toughing it out on the last jump with a broken ankle (didn't know it yet, but the pain was still there). I was docking on her in our whacker line, and I was very glad she didn't bow out, as I didn't want a new flyer in her slot.

But besides that, I honestly believe that the props go to all those whos this is thier first event of this magnitude. There were many who had never been on something this size before, and pulled it off. I believe that the least experienced flyer had just over 300 jumps, but is also a tunnel instructor. The crazy thing is, is that he got put in at the last second and only made one jump....the record jump. Imagine getting on at that time, after everyone else has had the sight picture for the last 13 jumps...and he has to get it all right on the first time. Crazy.

I would also like to recognize all those that came out and didn't get a chance to participate in the record jumps. There was way more people than they wanted to make an attempt for, so many were cut as a result of that. Thank you guys for coming out and sacrificing your week for a good cause. Everyone that attended are amazing flyers.

Whenver SDmovies approves my upload, I will post the link.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....