sonomatommy

backflying

Did you tried barrel roll? If you do, try half way before barrel roll. Swing it till you are on back-flyin, You will be face up against sky instead ground. Mostly important, make sure bring your coach, it would be helpful. that's how bring my freefly successful by coach. I know I'm on low-jumps, but still got best coach. Even I'm not for sit-fly or more than it yet. Of course, I'm plan to do sit-fly after I feel comfortable with my "completed" back-flyin'. If you are closest to our dropzone, I'm sure to recommend you our coach. =)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

You will get alot of postes on your questin that will say don't do this till x number of jumps or you are to new to start this have more jumps. It is all for your saftey but I think it is a shit answer. Just give it a shot a half role and your on your back or a half front loop and your there. Just try it on the first 10 sec of your jump so you have plenty of time to recover and get stable again. If you don't try you will never learn. I will probibly get flamed for this advice but that is how this forum works. Good luck and you will get used to the answers on this site.

Yeah. Just have a go but make sure you have a plan, let the groups before and after you know what your upto and get a monster track off run in prior to deployment incase you've slid down jumprun. Keep pointed on that 90 degree until you know where all the canopies are then fly your pattern. I personally don't see any harm in trying by yourself. If your like me, doing the same stuff all the time gets real boring real quick. Have fun! Thats why we do it!

You will get alot of postes on your questin that will say don't do this till x number of jumps or you are to new to start this have more jumps. It is all for your saftey but I think it is a shit answer. Just give it a shot a half role and your on your back or a half front loop and your there. Just try it on the first 10 sec of your jump so you have plenty of time to recover and get stable again. If you don't try you will never learn. I will probibly get flamed for this advice but that is how this forum works. Good luck and you will get used to the answers on this site.

No I'm not going to flame you. At 130 jumps you should be starting to try new things. Try to remember that you have 10 times the experience of this jumper, and I have 10 times your experience. What may be good things for you to try are not good things for someone with 13 jumps.

At 13 jumps your focus should still be on the basics of learning to skydive. You should be working on your progression to your B and C Licenses. It's a bit early to start thinking about back flying and freeflying.

There are allot of steps in between that are being skipped. How are you going to handle getting out of a Flat Spin on your back, for starters?

Call this a shit answer.......I call it a safe answer.

I see where your coming from on the jump numbers. When I had that many jumps which was not more than 10 months ago I asked the same questions and got most of the same answers. I was told go ahead and try to get on your back. It is quite the same as the last few AFF jumps where you get un stable then corect and fly your belly. To tell someone not to try to fly on thier back till they have 100 jumps which was the post I was replying to might not be a good idea either. What happens at 50 jumps and they have never gone on thier back and don't know what to do then somthing goes really wrong and they end up in a spin on the back and panic? I do get where your coming from though free flying can get you in some shit if you do not know how to get out of it but a short back flight might help to know incase a belly dive goes bad.

I tried my first sit at jump 16 and had no problems. Just tucked in my left arm and went straight to the back and then went to my 90s. I feel pretty confident in my belly (though I admit Im not perfect). But I know how to get stable if something goes wrong. I just get bored of doing belly solos. *shrug* :P The way I look at it, why not give it a shot as long as you know how to get stable and dont lose AA.

Poetry don't work on whores.

Just sort of roll over like you would in bed, de-arch, relax and keep an eye on your alti. To recover, arch and if you don't flip over automatically, do the roll thing again.

Oh, and i guess i'm a very naughty boy having enjoyed solo / 2-way / 3-way sitfly, solo / 2-way / 3-way Head-down, a couple of horny gorillas, tracking jumps (up to 5 people) and a hybrid at 49 jumps.

Be safe, don't die or take someone with you!!

That said ask trusted people at your DZ and tell them you got good advise from DZ.com;).

Back Flying is great and a great skill to build before learning to sit fly. Don't try to back fly the whole jump try short bursts of rolling in and out bed just to get a feel at first. In addition an audible and free fly friendly gear is a must before building this type of skill set. If can have someone (Coach) shoot some video of you it will also help you learn what you are doing right and wrong.

Those of you anti audibles flamers can kiss my ass if you free fly get an audible!!! B|B|

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

u have 13 solo jumps, but 73 jumps i total?
well i wont give advice coz with 90 jumps i dont think im in a position to give advice yet but i will tell u what i did...
i stayed on my belly untill i got a b licence (south african) so i am confident in anything up to 4ways...
then i startrs freeflying and am now progressing from there...

take it or leave it:)