rhys

World Cup in Russia, anyone else going?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else on here is going to the world cup in Russia?

Leigh and I are off in only 9 more sleeps ;).

The list of competitors is not up on the website yet www.worldmeet2007.com

how about you Avalore Freefly guys?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

And get in Outbreak!!!;)

We need to do a jump together before or after the competition Andy. Helix, the second norwegian ff-team, also have the same suits and colors as we do..... haha.

Looking forward to some russian action and the world cup. Heard that four teams from the UK will be representing. ???

I have the official list of teams attending.

From the above post and experience from last years world champs 1 or two teams are likely not to turn up but for artistic events the teams are as follows the number indicates the number of teams attending from that country.

Freefly;
Russia 1
U.K. 3
Norway 2
France 2
Switzerland 1
Israel 1
Netherlands 1

Freestyle Female;
Russia 1
Italy 2
U.K. 1
France 3
Finland 1
USA 1
New Zealand 1 (B|)
Switzerland 1
Czech Republic 1.

Freestyle male;
Italy 1
France 2

Skysurf;
Russia 1
France 3.

The competition also doubles as the European championship that has good prize money.

It really surprises me that the USA do not have even one formation skydiving team attending the competition????? That leaves the USA tent to only one freestyle team. I'm gonna post a thread in the formation skydiving forum to see whats up? surely it is not a political agenda? If so that is very sad indeed.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

A few teams has arrived already to Stupino. The weather is nice, the facilities at the dropzone is excelant as always, the dz staff is super friendly and the plaines are going! So looks likes this World Cup is going to be a hammer.
Hammertime! ;)