freeflyit

Basics

Hey everyone, I am learning to freefly. I have my sit stable, I can hold it all the way down but what I really want to do is fly on my head. I can do it but obviously you can tell just from my jump number that I can't do it very well. So here is what I'm looking for. What are some essential basics that I should know? For example, I kind of heard of falling straight down the tube.. I think I know what it means but still, I've only got a drift of it. You know when you first start jumping your instructor tells you things like "think of the windsock as a carrot,, u always want to eat the small part first." So those kinds of things is what I'm hoping to get on this thread. Please help me if you can, it's seriously appreciated.

I was told to imagine you have your feet hanging on a bar by your toes. Roll your shoulders in, don't expose your chest. Push your hip in and relax. Other then going and doing jumps you won't learn by just someone telling you what to do. Have fun get a coach.

Hey. My advice to you is to really feel good about your sit first. Being stable is not enough. You should be fully mobile. Able to turn, drive, control levels. Also you should be able to do solid front loops, backloops and cartwheels. Your sit is your recouvery possision from your head.

Falling down the tube simply means that you are not sliding all over the sky. Which is something you will most likly do when you are first learning headown.

After you have your sit under control, make sure you have a really tight set of gear, then let the fun begin. Give your self as much room from other groups as possible, turn 90 degrees from jump run and just go for it. Most people seem to learn by doing a half cartwheel. For me it was a front loop, then after spending more time there the cartwheels came.

The correct body possion is knees slightly bent and spread apart, back straight, shoulders slightly dearched, chin back a bit, arms in front with your palms towards your feet, and oh ya TOTALY RELAX!!!

Did I miss anything guys?

Once you think you are there see if you can practice spilling air from your front, then back, then front and so on. Eventually you will find the sweet spot in the middle. You will know you are there because it will be really quiet. This is neutral, and should send you straight down the pipe.

...from there you should get some coaching.

Have fun and play safe.
www.okanaganskydive.com