2shay

what suit do you jump

Not an attack, but, why would you buy a suit based on what someone else says....especially from a person who sells them?

Seriously people....what ever happened to good ol fashioned self education? Find out what kind of fabric holds up well to what we put them thru, which manufacturers double and even triple stitch, does the fabric wick moisture, does it have stress relieving elastic panels, and perhaps most importantly....how good is their customer service? Inspect all of the suits that are out there by them inside and out. I'd bet if you went to a big DZ on a weekend and you will have the opportunity to look at every one made....

Don't ever buy something just because everyone else does, or tells you to. It's just stupid. Let the product sell itself.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Not an attack, but, why would you buy a suit based on what someone else says....especially from a person who sells them?

Seriously people....what ever happened to good ol fashioned self education? Find out what kind of fabric holds up well to what we put them thru, which manufacturers double and even triple stitch, does the fabric wick moisture, does it have stress relieving elastic panels, and perhaps most importantly....how good is their customer service? Inspect all of the suits that are out there by them inside and out. I'd bet if you went to a big DZ on a weekend and you will have the opportunity to look at every one made....

Don't ever buy something just because everyone else does, or tells you to. It's just stupid. Let the product sell itself.

It's good to hear from people who use the suits. You can't tell how long something will last by looking at it. By getting peoples opinions you can find out how well the suit is holding up, is it easy to clean when it gets dirty, or how customer service is etc... A lot of companies are really nice to you when you are a potential customer but that all changes after you buy (talking in general, not just about skydiving). When you are talking about product education it starts with the end users. People who use the products will tell you there likes and dislikes and from there you can start your investigation into a company.

On topic: I owned a Freak'n'Suit for my first 300 jumps and it was a quality suit. It held up pretty well considering I brought it as soon as I was off AFF. I own FF pants from them too (still have them) and have let plenty of people borrow them and they still are in great shape. I recently moved over to a matter suit. I wanted something a bit tighter. To me the matter suit is built extremely well. The materials are really nice and the fit is excellent. Both companies had awesome customer service and were always there to back up there products.

I agree and disagree. If you cant tell how long something will last by looking at it, you don't know what to look for, or just don't have the necessary experience. That is when asking people about it comes into play...but that is fallible as well. Not everyone treats their suits the same. Some people swoop them on their ass, and tear them up, while some others treat their suit like I do and take very good care of it. Some people do 100 jumps a year and have no problems with suit A, and another can do 500 jumps a year and wear the same suit out in a season. Does that make the suit a POS? Not really. So asking people over the internet, which suit is best, is really a waste of time.

Just like anything else...you can expect to get what you pay for. If you do 100 jumps a year, perhaps the low quality of a Kurupee suit will do you fine, but if you do 500 a year on that same suit, while swooping every load, its going to fall apart. Same with a high end suit like Liquid Sky. If you only do 100 a year, it will last for a very long time, but only maybe 2 years at 500 a year.

Picking the best suit for you needs is very much more involved that how it performs for others. You need to learn about clothing construction and how it will stand up to what you plan on putting it thru. Its all subjective and objective, neither of which translate very well across internet pages.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Well.. At the time I just needed something more freefly friendly than my RW-suit... And with 130 jumps, I don't really know much about fabric and stuff.. So i just follow what other people recommends

And well.. My money don't allow me to buy something else.. At least not if I want to jump...

And can't really go to any big DZ, cause I spend my money on jumps rather than gear...
If everything seems under control.. You're just not going fast enough..!

had one but sold. I was not impressed with their quality at all, and they made it too small even though I told them very baggy. From what I have heard from others is that when they first strated out their suits were good but once they started doing more they kind of went to crap. Hell I don't know, but much happier with firefly.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I have a Matter Proconcept. Not a bad suit for the price. They tend to make there suits on the tight side so if you wear multiple layers be careful with the measurements. Turn around time was 18 weeks. Never again.
I had a chance to look at a new freefly suit from Vertical Suits and was quite impressed. A very light weight and well fitted suit. Very well constructed. Turn around time right now at 4 weeks.

kurupee, quality,,,bhaaa!!
you get what you pay for. theres a reason they are so cheap. ive seen 3 or 4 suits from them. i wasnt impressed. 2 started falling apart within 200 jumps. however if your low on cash and need a ff suit fast they are a good choice. i dont think they will last 1000+ jumps though.
>

I've had four boogieman suits (three tunnel suits, and a jumping suit) including a ZP suit. The build quality is exceptional. - Very tough, and Fabien is open minded enough to take your opinions onboard (tunnels kill suits).

I'd either get another boogieman ZP suit or an Oragaun (sp?) net time - I jump my ZP suit mostly at the moment, even though I shouldn't - I like the drag. :)