woodpecker

fall rate/freefly

Hoping to get a few suggestions/advice/etc.

And falling with slower people isnt the answer I'm looking for. ;)

I'm 150 out the door and having issues keeping up (or rather down) with the groups I jump with. My sit is a consistent 153 and stand is 168 but I cant keep up with the groups I jump with.

Anythink anyone knows off the top of your head I can try to get faster besides weights, or eating more. ;)

thanks in advance,

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

You are on target with a good fall rate.......Your friends are the ones who are falling too fast. You'll understand what I'm talking about in a few years when you start doing Bigger Ways.

Easiest way is to wear a tighter jumpsuit and bring your arms and legs in more.

Next easiest is for your friends to realize that 168 mph is way too fast to be able to fly clean and take controlled docks.

145 to 155mph is an ideal fall rate for Freeflying.

Adding weights will add to your wingloading, so unless you want to increase your landing speed as well, I would not wear weight. Especially at 300 jumps.

Yah I agree, your fall rate range is pretty good.
One thought - Don't get stuck on the idea that you have to have that "typical sit" body position. Best example: I jump with a really good freeflier that sounds like your body type, light and he's also tall. His head up flying looks closer to a stand while everybody else is sitting. Figure out what body position works for you at your target fall rate.