DustyP

FreeFly Suit Q's.....

i found out the hard way about buying a used jumpsuit of the "classifieds". it was made for some one my size but not my body measurements...
so....i'm gonna buy new!!
anyone point me in the right directon....
how much am i goin to be spending on one!
where should i get it from??

Buy what you like. Lots of different companies out there and everyone has their favorite. I jump Matter and Sonic and love them both. Price, depends on what company you buy through. Sonic cost me 220 euros, Matter a little more.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

i found out the hard way about buying a used jumpsuit of the "classifieds". it was made for some one my size but not my body measurements...
so....i'm gonna buy new!!
anyone point me in the right directon....

www.merlinsuits.com ; I have a Bev RW suit, and a Tony Camera Suit that I have about 30 jumps between the two on. I use my Merlin Freefly suit for everything, RW, FF, CRW, & Tandem Videos. It's a well built suit and the turn around time are pretty short right now.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

I always like to recommend my Team's sponsors but especially in this case. Please tell Angie that we recommended you.

Freakin Suits makes very affordable and durable freefly suits. But more importantly Angela can build you exactly what you need based on your body type and measurements. She will build a suit that is oprimal for your size and the fall rate you should be at. And she was dead on for our Team considering two of us weigh 210 Lbs and the other three are sub 160 Lbs

We are very happy with Freakin Suits and some of us have put a couple thousand jumps on their suits. That should count for something.

www.freaknsuits.com

Harry P
Team Wicked Liquid
www.teamwickedliquid.com

Yeah Ray Ferrel owns Flite Suite, he is a great guy. I jumped Flite Suites before my Team got the Freakin Suit sponsorship.

They are good suits, had mine for many years, and both held up great. But they are allot more expensive than Freakin Suits. And I don't think the quality is necessarily better.

You are getting a lot of different answers, and rightly so. The best thing for you to do is look around your dz at all the different suits, check out what the tandem instructors and vidiots wear, those guys typically use and abuse thier suits. Basically you have some VERY high end suits like Ouragon and Liquid Sky, then a ton of good quality suits like others have mentioned here, there are also a couple of suit companies that some people have had some trouble with, while others have been happy. I personally have owned and flown Bev suits, Flite suits, firefly suits, DaKine rags, and i just ordered a liquid sky. I have never had a problem with any of them and they all suited my needs perfectly.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

$35 plus shipping (from Pakistan) - $600+ for a popular name (ouragan) with some custom design work.

Your favorite local rigger or other person who makes skydiving clothing. They'll know how fast the people you'll be jumping with fall, the measurements are guaranteed to be right when the person building the suit measures you, and both price and delivery time should be a lot better than larger comapnies with a national following.

Your favorite local person who makes skydiving clothing. They'll know how fast the people you'll be jumping with fall, the measurements are guaranteed to be right when the person building the suit measures you, and both price and delivery time should be a lot better than larger comapnies with a national following.

I like this answer best - there is a lot of benefit with sticking local as long as they have a good product.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Check out Go-Crazy. Got my one piece this year, and love it. It is made of 100% hemp, is super dourable, and it looks great. Everyone who sees it wants to know where it came from. I was amazed at how much this suit helped my sit. Helped me get a much better forward drive. I also have some Matter pants that I like, but don't seem to be as flexable as my Go-Crazy suit.

Bret
www.okanaganskydive.com