candace

head down Q

anyone have any tips for head down? perhaps, the easiest way to get into it, out of it, to go faster, leg & arm configuration.......ya know:P i'm beginning to do this & will jump w/ others who know how, but in the meantime, i'd like any advice i can get. B|
p.s. i wanna be able to go SUPER fast :ph34r: (correctly, that is)

You can get the best feel for being on your head by launching head down exits. You'll be able to use the support of the people with you on exit to stay on your head until you break grips, then quickly go back to your feet.
As the other writer said, get some coaching. It is not necessary to go to Perris, just go somewhere that has a qualified freefly coach. There are so many out there, just jump with one that feels right. So many coaches have different styles, you'll find one that works for you.
I highly recommend not trying to fly on your head with others unless they are coaches. Others may not have the skills to be ready for what you throw at them and you could hurt others or yourself.
Hope this helps, have fun. And never neglect your sit, you'll regret it later if you do..........

At first I found transitioning from a steep delta to no lift fairly easy, but it was difficult to fly with a more open stance. I would be in a steep delta and then use my head to steer me toward vertical. I should have started with my legs only first instead of trying to use my arms too. You should feel like you're hanging from your legs. Also I did a lot of upside down yoga to improve flexibility in my legs and practice the position. I didn't start HD till I was comfortable in sit and had 400 jumps, mainly belly. Things happen fast, be careful and have a blast. Watch where you are over the ground so you aren't tracking up or down jumprun.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream