Katrinka

tracking

does the way of tracking changes? do we really "push the limits"?.
I have found an article of Patrick Passe written in 2002 where he insists that tracking in burble zones is wrong. Recently Ive got an opposite opinion, moreover, many people think its the art of flying in burble zones :)interesting to hear your opinion, guys.
Its time to rock&roll.

yea, im sorry- that was my mistake- recently I have got in a burble zone wilst trucking and felt it was almost impossible to fly cos of turbulence. The problem is that many people consider flying below or above a person as a flying in a burble.....
Its time to rock&roll.

in a burble zone wilst trucking and felt it was almost impossible to fly cos of turbulence.

Whilst trucking?
If you drive behind a truck you can save on fuel consumption because there is less air resistance on your vehicle, i think i'm correct in saying that Racing drivers also do this to gain extra speed?

Nigel

(Sorry couldn't resist)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

If you drive behind a truck you can save on fuel consumption because there is less air resistance on your vehicle

a cyclist can actually ride a trucks burble and be towed along without any input whatsoever. I saw this once it was amazing but you wouldn't want the truck to slam the brakes on!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

We often play in a fast track right above the leader of the track, who is on his back, right above the leader, there is a compression wave you can ride and actually take a hand dock with the leader while your feet are in the burble that trails back from the leader at about a 45 degree angle. You need to be directly above the leader, if you slip back a couple of inches you fall fully into the burble and take out yourself and the leader, it's great fun.
SCR-21

racing with the leader on his back, we often get 80 seconds or more from 14,000 ft, our best so far on the protrack is 84 seconds, and thats with the leader only wearing shorts and a t shirt, and pulling legal, we've got our vertical descent down to around 100, we've been working on flying a tight vertical diamond just like the blue angels, very fine tunining-some would say this is boring, because the object is to not move, and get in as close as you can, if you rub, you can crash the whole enchalada, pretty much fun...
SCR-21

Got Video?

Tracking is such an underdeveloped flight technique. I FF organized at Perris for many years and we usually put up a sunset tracking dive. Not only can everyone take part, but if organized properly most every skill level can too.

But many people just didn't think there was any point to it and "where was the fun in tracking for an entire skydive?" Amazing.

I was usually able to convince most people who were reluctant, or "didn't know how to track", that it was a survival skill that they should work on, which is true. But once I was able to get them out the door, I could count on most of them to join me on later track jumps. Even have people come up to me during the day and ask if I would organize a tracking dive.

Here is a fun tracking technique to try. On your back but, going feet first, with arms outstretched over your head. Get it down before leading a large group. Start on your back like normal and get some forward speed going, then a quick 180 in the horiz. plane. Feet flat, toes pointed, shins at about a 45, arch hard from your knees to you hands, looking straight up. It's good to have someone on their belly directly above you to give you heading cues and a sense of how well you are doing relative to what their body is doing. It's similar to a sitfly with maximun forward movement.

Let us know what you think.

what is the best position for cameraflyer who wants to film all track group...or majority at least...
I remember one friend of mine, who was filming my 100 tracking dive (6way), was flying around all group ut when we watched the video we understood he was too close..
Its time to rock&roll.

what is the best position for cameraflyer who wants to film all track group...or majority at least...
I remember one friend of mine, who was filming my 100 tracking dive (6way), was flying around all group ut when we watched the video we understood he was too close..

If you wanna get a wide view, I think one very good position for a cameraflyer is to fly above and ahead and then dip your head under you..

This way you are able to get both vertical and horisontal dimensions...

When you get more advanced you may try filming under the formation..

Being too close also has a lot to do with the chose of lens..

Got Video?

Yes, we have tons of video, I've made a video called "Stack Tracking", I will let you know when I figure out how to post it on skydivingmovies.com. We will try feet first tracking, I'le let you know how it goes.
Thanks

Excellent, I don't have any of my video right now, not in the country but I'll put some up when I get back as well. SkydivingMovies is a great site. I put some FF up there not too long ago, it was relatively easy to do.

Definately try the tracking techique, I was at Summer/Swoop Fest at Chicago in '05 and went on a tracking dive with Shaylen Allman. I was right above him when he rotated into the feet first position and I was hooked. It took me a few attempts but got it down. It does take some time to get your forward speed going but it's all part of the fun.

TIM B|

That ROCKED!!!! Thanks for sharing, Bra.

Who had the low cutaway over the polo-field??

We are trying to get back there, we should be back by July if all goes well. I can't wait to get back in Da-Kine Air!!!!

Give some Aloha to all from us!!!

Stay Safe,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499