sarabennett

AZ HEAD DOWN SKILLS CAMP #2

Hey Samantha!

Its an all around camp for girls and guys but Amy will be coaching along with Steve and it be the same format as the girls camps to get ready for the 2007 Women's World Record. Girls can practice for the record and guys can just work building more skills.

Hope you can come out to play!

Sara

... 2007 Women's World Record.

What's the deal with these women-only records? To me that says "okay guys, we are not as good as you, so we have to have our own records" and that is, as far as I know, simply not true in our sport. It feels like you are selling yourself short.

Most of the best freeflyers I've jumped with are female. In total there are perhaps fewer exceptionally good female skydivers, but there are fewer female skydivers in total so that's quite natural and not something inherent to one sex's ability to perform.

Hello Samantha,

Melissa and I are in the process of setting up dates for skills camps geared for the women’s world record attempt. The first one is October 28 and 29 at Skydive Lake Ellsinore (right before the Chicks Rock Boogie.) We will keep everyone posted on other camps as they develop.

The camp that Sara posted info about will be the same exact structure and it will be a great tool for training for the record. Steve Curtis has always been a big part of the women’s records. During the record attempts he jumps, organizes and coaches the girls that are not on the record attempt jump. He prepares them for the next attempt as the record grows bigger and or people get rotated in and out of the attempts.

Curtis, Sara and I will be organizing several camps throughout the year and we will keep everyone posted.

Amy

I guess that would be me & Suzy!!!!!! We'll stuff him in the morning and he'll just cook slow all day....yummmmmmmmmm

Suzy? Suzy who? oh sorry you can't answer you up in the air filming your VRW team Arsenal at Nationals... I'm stuck on the omniskore window.

Hey Amy,

Do you and the Arsenal plan on doing a big-way skills camp at all this next season? Unfortunately, I couldn't go to your this last camp, as the airline tix prices were insane, but what was the largest groups you guys put together?

TTYL,

Brad

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Hey Al & Brad,

Looks like the next Head down skills camp with Amy & Curtis will be the weekend of February 17 & 18th at Skydive Arizona. This is a tentative date right now but will be confirmed soon. It is the weekend before the Freefly Money Meet so people travelling from out of town can come for both we hope!

I'll keep you posted as soon as the dates are confirmed.

Sara