Vectracide

Unofficial Oregon State HD record...

Just last weekend, myself and a buddy of mine went down to Skydive Oregon to participate in setting the Oregon State HD record. We had 9 flyers to use, so that is what the unofficial record is now! We started with a 4 way base, added a stinger at each grip on the base and the ninth docked on one of the stingers. Not too big or demanding, but for the rainy Pacific Northwest, we did pretty damn good in just 3 attempts, slot specific. We plan on making bigger attempts maybe later this summer. Thanks to Wyat Drews for organizing this. Now all I want to do is big ways, and go to a camp of some kind. It seems that all the camps down in Perris have cuts to them. The last thing I want to do is do to a camp and get cut. Anyone know of a good camp to attend?

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Steve Curtis just put a great one on last month down hear in Eloy. Everyone in attendance seemed to have a lot of fun and learn a ton. I can't speak for him, but my guess is that he would be down for another when our season picks up if the interest is there. I'll definitely be trying to round some people up, which I doubt will be hard.
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

Sebastian 5 along with CK1 is putting on a camp in Crosskeys this July 29,30. We will be covering all aspects of big way flying with video debriefs, along with pre jump briefing using video. We will also cover all other aspects besides the freefall itself. This camp will be a very encompassing, leaving no stones unturned. Feel free to email me for any questions. I've attached a flyer for the camp which can also be seen at www.sebastian5.com under the events link....jim

Just last weekend, myself and a buddy of mine went down to Skydive Oregon to participate in setting the Oregon State HD record. We had 9 flyers to use, so that is what the unofficial record is now! We started with a 4 way base, added a stinger at each grip on the base and the ninth docked on one of the stingers. Not too big or demanding, but for the rainy Pacific Northwest, we did pretty damn good in just 3 attempts, slot specific. We plan on making bigger attempts maybe later this summer. Thanks to Wyat Drews for organizing this. Now all I want to do is big ways, and go to a camp of some kind. It seems that all the camps down in Perris have cuts to them. The last thing I want to do is do to a camp and get cut. Anyone know of a good camp to attend?

People got cut on the record itself, but I attended a couple of big way camps at Perris and no one got cut.

If a big way "camp" is cutting people then it's not really being organized properly. People can be arranged in such a way that everyone is challenged and improves their skills whether or not the planned formation actually completes. If the goal is building a specific formation, then you may have to cut people in order to achieve the goal - but that's no longer a "camp". The only people who should be cut are people who aren't capable of flying safely in a large group and that's about discipline and break-off.

Apoli, I am sure you are right on this. I have not attended one of these camps as of yet, so I was misunderstood. I guess if the camp has some kind of goal for the end, such as a complex dive, I would venture to say that it would be possible to not have the opportunity to participate if your skills are not up to par.

As for the camp, I will be attending the camp in Crosskeys at the end of the month that is being put on by Sebastian 5 and CK1. I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....