atticus

Stirring things up...

There is no reason to cut down anyone for what discipline they choose in the skydiving community. I do stress the word 'community' since we are a dynamic group of people and I personally try to get to know everyone I can regardless of how they want to descend to the Earth.

I sort of hear where your coming from but I wouldnt gob off untill your the guy that can turn all the points in all positions and axis with the speed and precision of good RW flyers.

Im sure that when your able to do that your tune will have changed. Get back to us in 10 years or so. ;)

Freefly Nazi's. Thats so 90's.:S

NAKEANAUTI With cheese

that is gay. why don't you go turn some points on your belly in the tunnel dude? ahahahah!!!!

Naked sunset atmonauti jumps organized by EZ-E. hahaha!!!!

It is that time of day when the moon is out and so is the sunshine!!! :o

What cracked me up was last weekend the plan was to exit a 4-way belly base, tack on 2 more to make it a 6-way and then transition it to a sit round. For fun. Also, it would have been fun... Except 2 of the people on the load can't fly on thier belly at all and floped around the sky like wet noodles.

Now that is fun(ny). Everyone gets a great laugh when we are showing video at the end of the night. Too bad they skipped right into freefly and never learned the basics. Ah well, some day! :):P

I am only replying to this thread to satisfy a billowing demand to argue. I know your trolling so its all in good fun right? Would love to see if you could catch me on my belly! Freeflying is about all axis right?
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

it would have been fun... Except 2 of the people on the load can't fly on thier belly at all and floped around the sky like wet noodles.

pahleeezzz....don't even try it.

1000 freefly jumps = about 250 flatfly jumps

1000 flatfly jumps = 0 freefly jumps

:|

it would have been fun... Except 2 of the people on the load can't fly on thier belly at all and floped around the sky like wet noodles.

pahleeezzz....don't even try it.

1000 freefly jumps = about 250 flatfly jumps

1000 flatfly jumps = 0 freefly jumps

:|

There is video evidence. Though I don't have a copy. 4 people on the skydive could belly fly, 6 people could sitfly. The two freefliers who couldn't belly fly at all screwed it up :P
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I always think it's a little embarrassing when freeflyers can't belly fly for shit. Come on guys... if you make 10 jumps in a weekend, TRY to do one belly jump where you really have to do some work.

I'd rather be a good skydiver all around than be a good RWer or Freeflyer ONLY. There IS time for everything.
Oh, hello again!

Ohhhh, you are such a radical rebel (in a conformist sort of way).

I bet everyone will want to be like you. And the women likely are standing in line to bear your children.

You may wonder why people start to wander away soon after you open your mouth. No one here does.

(How'd I do? It's not coarse, but pretty nicely composed... I know you're just having a bit of ignorant fun.)

That was pretty good. To bad you wear spandex and booties:( or I would actually respect your point of view. Belly flying is so gay I think I'm going to start opening on my back.

So you say freeflying is a lot more challenging and the learning curb or curve is slower. I'll agree.

But then you say freeflying is to RW as snowboarding is to skiing. You obviously don't have a clue because skiing is the more challenging of those 2 sports with a slower learning curve. You can pick up boarding in a day, not so with skiing.

Does anyone know where I can get some cargo shorts? I've done it all wrong and must start over.

w do you think the freefly routines are practiced? They don't just pull those out of their butts the day of the competition. Now granted, there are those teams capable of that but I bet they prepare in much the same way, repeating their routine maybe hundreds of times.

Well they don't take 5 min in the door every time. There's no doubt that as a whole freeflying has more variety and spontaneity then RW.
I realize that it is imoportant to be an eclectic skydiver. I jump(funnel) some RW now and then, and some of the hardcore RWs freefly(set a base) with us. I can't see how RW would keep its thrill after thousands of jumps.

Freaking funny shit! It is amazing how worked up people get about whether someone is a freeflyer or a bellyflyer or a wingsuiter or a CRW dog or whatever.

Let's see, we all buy a jump ticket and pay the money so we can dress in our cool gear and goof off while falling towards the earth. Is it REALLY any more complicated than that? If you like to freefly, cool. If you like to do RW, fine. If you just want to stare at the horizon the whole way down and do nothing, have at it.

It's great to get passionate about a discipline, but if you really think you are cooler because you do something that someone else can't, then you're an idiot. Like Trent said, if you want to be a badass flyer, then learn to be proficient at all of it. Then you can actually back up the shit that is running out of your mouth. If you can only do one discipline well, then shut your mouth until you CAN back it up how good of a flyer you are. But better yet, quit worrying about how COOL you are and just enjoy what you do and be supportive of what others do. I think most will agree, the ones who are the best flyers are also the most humble. The ones who run their mouth aren't half as hot shit as the think they are.

Oh, and as far as what is cool to wear and what is not. I got news for ya.... we only look cool in our freefly gear to ourselves. Pretty much to everyone else in the world, we look like idiots.;)

What about swoopers?

Screw all you guys, I'm getting out low. LOL
Deploying at a 45 degree angle to the earth, not on my head nor my belly. :D

In all seriousness, I have always wanted to have an all-around meet. They do it in rodeo, why not skydiving? Cumulative scores from FS, VRW, CRW and swoop.
I think taking gold in all-around would definetly give someone bragging rites.:ph34r:

B|

Ignore his mean post...I think you look fantastic! Always have (can I call you honey?)
Shit I consider every jump freeflying.Granted, It's my primary dicipline but my goal is to be able to fly with anyone, in any position. If we're doing 4-way I want to do it on my back!
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

But then you say freeflying is to RW as snowboarding is to skiing. You obviously don't have a clue because skiing is the more challenging of those 2 sports with a slower learning curve. You can pick up boarding in a day, not so with skiing.

People can pick up the basics of skiing in a day, and prob go down harder runs sooner that on a board(slide slipping not inc). It all depends on how many lessons people get and how naturally talented they are. Little kids can ski easier than snowboard
too because they don't have the co-ordination in there ankles and knees to snowboard.

"If murder and suicide are illegal, then why is it ok to kill yourself and others with cigarettes?????"

www.myspace.com/Hypoxicmusic

1. I'll take the cruiser motorcycle. Guys who ride crotch rockets wear gay ass neon green leather jackets and hot pink helmets kinda like the RW folks. Guys on choppers wear black.

2. If you cant fly some Rdub then you are not a true freeflyer. REAL freeflyers can fly on ANY axis.

In all seriousness, I have always wanted to have an all-around meet. They do it in rodeo, why not skydiving? Cumulative scores from FS, VRW, CRW and swoop.
I think taking gold in all-around would definetly give someone bragging rites.

Now that sounds like a great idea!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon