Who uses TWO audibles here?

I have actully had my Neptune fail

i have heard of this a few times. i was thinking of getting one but i'm reluctant now.i'll wait for a L&B model i think.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

i have heard of this a few times. i was thinking of getting one but i'm reluctant now.i'll wait for a L&B model i think.

I had it happen to me a couple of weeks ago. When I landed from one jump, it said -10 feet. I had to pack fast to make the next load, so I didn't have time to mess with it. It stayed stuck at -10 feet for the next jump. Afterwards, I had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to reset. It hasn't given me a problem since, though, and I generally like it.

I had a Neptune and a Pro-Dytter, but I've been through 4 Neptunes now and I'm tired of sending them back. So after the last one went down, I bought a Pro-Track and use it with the Pro-Dytter. One of my helmets only holds one. I just use the Pro-Track for it.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

2 eyes, 1 galaxy, 1 pro-track, 1 pro-dytter.

That is what I use and trust in order. I jump at a small DZ where I'm the lightest so I'm usually base or rear float so that gives me a lot of door time on the climb to altitude and I check what the earth looks like at each 1000 ft interval every time i'm on the plane.

I heard it's dangerous to jump with 2, because you don't know which one is going off at which altitude.

If you don't know what the beeping in your ear means, you probably shouldn't be using an audible. That being said, I started with one audible, got used to being aware of (and predicting) the beeps, then added a second in the other ear. They are set for the same altitude for the breakoff and pull warnings, and 500 feet off for the final siren. If both of those are going off (god forbid), I'm going for my handles.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

that's just silly... set them to the same warning altitudes...

even the SIM recommends two for freeflying, freestyle, etc...

I've been meaning to buy one for the other ear for redundancy for a while now, I just haven't got around to it. I use the breakoff, pull, and get your head-out-of-your-ass warning strategy for the beeps and it seems to work great (for freeflying).
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Two is an excellent idea.

One thing that has not been mentioned here is helmet fit. i have gone through a couple of different helmets trying to find one that places the beeper's speaker hole right next to my ear. i like a snug fit, and if it's a bit off, you can get that sound-hole to mash right up against your head making it difficult to hear in freefall.

In my experience, a thicker foam insert like the one in my camera helmet is a good thing - you can carve a space in the foam such that there's a small cavity between the beeper and your ear, allowing the sound somewhere to open up.

Externally mounted beepers are a pet peeve of mine - i have had two helmets like that and returned one of them because i never heard the darn things.

All of the beepers mentioned in this thread are of good quality... the Neptunes have had their problems but the company is quite good about fixing them for you. L&B stuff is extremely reliable, but Time-Out and Skytronic should not be ignored... having two different models is a practice that i agree with.

--
important safety briefing... don't f*ckin' die!

I wear a neptune on wrist and dytter in helmet. Got on plane once and neptune battery had died. Just used dytter. then used my eyes to land.

All else fails, pull when the ground gets big.

Don't get me wrong though, I would have preferred to have the visual as well. Kind of trip to look over in freefall out of habit and see a blank screen.

--------------------------------------------------
May the skys be blue, but never your balls!!!