what's your average hd fall rate?

Usually somewhere between 140 mph and 200 mph. B|

Seriously, don't really concentrate on "speeds" per se. If you're there, you're flying the right speed.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I'm just trying to work out what sort of range more experienced flyers work in because right now im comfortable around the near-on 200mph mark and need to put the brakes on.

Yeah, 200 is a little on the speedy side. :P My average hd speed (just guessing) when it's ALL hd flyers is prolly 160. Maybe 150 when flying with upright people. I'm just guessing.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I'm just trying to work out what sort of range more experienced flyers work in because right now im comfortable around the near-on 200mph mark and need to put the brakes on.

Yeah, 200 is a little on the speedy side. :P My average hd speed (just guessing) when it's ALL hd flyers is prolly 160. Maybe 150 when flying with upright people. I'm just guessing.

I would tend to agree. I would say that the 155 mark is a good middle ground. HD groups will tend to get faster and when a couple people really get working, it can get pretty quick. But I would say 140 to 180 hits them all. But that is just a guess based on wanting to know speeds.

Like wrongway said, it is about matching fallrates with the people you are jumping with. You could do 2 exact same jumps and average 2 completely different speeds.

165 is perfect! People tend to slow down as the transition or take docks...If your at 155 it becomes a constant slow down till everyone is reaching for air with all they got.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

I like flying slow, 140-145 is most comfortable for me.

It seems the slower we're going, the less erractic everyones movements are and the smoother the dive goes. Of course if someone can't fall that slow, I'll speed up so that they are in their comfort zone.

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham