EricaH

I think I finally got this HD stuff

So, 38 solos, 10 actual coach jumps & 45 jumps w/ very experienced people later and I am going slow & docking on my head!!

I've been straight down for quite some time, I could turn/move & put a hand out - but I was screaming down w/ max speeds from 198 - 225, averages around 190.

Yesterday, I had my slowest max of 164 w/ an average of 160, then I reapeated it 4 more times w/ the highest speed of 175 - finally my fat ass figured out how to slow down. It was great! I did a few docs, side slid & turned (on purpose following a friend). All I can say is YEA:)

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Even though Tecumseh is only a few hours away (4.5) - it seems so far!

We have an excellent freefly LO at Chicagoland - he is really pushing those of us with basic skills to improve. Ball jumps/slot flying/docking - all going on every weekend. I am going to try to rock it out with him a bunch.

Then I need to get a tour on of dz's, believe me - Techumseh is on there!!

Even though Tecumseh is only a few hours away (4.5) - it seems so far!

We have an excellent freefly LO at Chicagoland - he is really pushing those of us with basic skills to improve. Ball jumps/slot flying/docking - all going on every weekend. I am going to try to rock it out with him a bunch.

Then I need to get a tour on of dz's, believe me - Techumseh is on there!!

You should definately come for a visit to Tecumseh ;)

A bunch of our guys are coming to hang out in Chicagoland with Matty this weekend, so be on the lookout for the Michigan boys B|

Edited to add:

duh, Congrats on your progess!! I struggle too with freeflying because of fallrate, but I am on the other side of the spectrum. I can understand how frustrating it can get!!

Thank you Eduardo - I plan on going to SDC a few times this year, but I always do - when's the last time you were at Hinckley, huh?

Zoter - thank you very much & great work for you too! It's wonderful to see!

Chrissy - thank you. That'll be cool to have quite a few visitors. My b/f was invited to participate in the invitational, but he wants to work more & not jump the gun. So, he'll prob do video. It looks to be an exciting time. I can't wait be be invited to something like this. But for now, guess I'll just have to share Matty.
I can't imagine what it'd be like to be floaty. I would think that doing HD it wouldn't affect you, just be as narrow as possible - but I guess feathers do float no matter which direction they fall. Good luck to you!