andybr6

[cross post from gear & rigging] Bungee cord on leg straps

I am going to do my my first Freefly jumps soon. I jump one if the older Mirage containers [still made in the mid 90's all tuck tabs secure no exposed bridle on BOC etc etc] but it does not have anywhere to attach bungee cord on the leg straps so: Is it effective to tie the bungee cord on the legstraps? If so where abouts do i tie it? I would prefer to have my rigger just sew some attachment points onto my leg straps and I will do this eventually but at the moment he is very busy and so am I. Am I taking on any extra risk by not having it sown on, I have seen Freeflyers jump with the legstraps tied with bungee or pull up cord but then I have seen a lot of people take risks that I would not...

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

it is easy for a rigger to attach some loops of webbing so you can have some bungee there. if the rig does not have hip rings then the leg straps will not slip up your thigh so much anyway. but it is always a good idea to have the bungee just in case eh.;)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

if the rig does not have hip rings then the leg straps will not slip up your thigh so much anyway. but it is always a good idea to have the bungee just in case eh.

That is assuming that the rig fits correctly. An ill fitting rig can cause some problems, hip rings or not.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I am going to do my my first Freefly jumps soon. I jump one if the older Mirage containers [still made in the mid 90's all tuck tabs secure no exposed bridle on BOC etc etc] but it does not have anywhere to attach bungee cord on the leg straps so: Is it effective to tie the bungee cord on the legstraps? If so where abouts do i tie it? I would prefer to have my rigger just sew some attachment points onto my leg straps and I will do this eventually but at the moment he is very busy and so am I. Am I taking on any extra risk by not having it sown on, I have seen Freeflyers jump with the legstraps tied with bungee or pull up cord but then I have seen a lot of people take risks that I would not...

Jump it and see what happens.... fly on your back, both vertically and tracking. its in these two positions that you will notice the most movement in your leg straps if any.

Then if required, get your rigger to attach a bungee...

Another school of thought would be, why not just wait until you or your rigger has time to attach a bungee, im sure another week or 2 before you start to freefly will not make any difference.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+