alanab

older protrack

i was thinking about buying a used protrack from somone that hasnt been jumping for a few years. what is good/bad about this decision? it wont come with any computer software or anything, i already asked that, but he has the box and manual that go along with it? are there differences between new one and old ones??

The only difference I know is that newer ones have a "slow" mode which which correctly records wingsuit jumps, instead of interpreting them as deployments. I have been told that if you contact L&B they will take your old one and send you a new one with the newer s/w.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

How old is old? Unless I'm mistaken, a ProTrack isn't like a Cypres (with a finite lifespan). Sure you don't want your ProTrack to fail (I've had one fail on me once while in freefall), but ProTracks are only there to assist with our altitude awareness not to replace it. So if it functions properly and you can save some $$$, go for it. But I'm sure a more knowledgeable person might shoot me down on this one. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Jump Track software doesn't come with any Protrack, you have to buy that seperately, so that's not a big deal there. Differences between a new one and an old one? The old one probably has a few more scratches on it, but is still good to go. If it works and its a good deal, then I definately agree with Pablito.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

there you have the answers buy Canuck and Ryoder, I bought mine used and it rocks, I bought an used prodyter and it rocks to!!
Contact the Company and they have a great customer service.
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

http://www.l-and-b.dk/indexf.html
That's their website. they are located in Denamark
Cielos Azules
I hope it helps
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito