partyboy

C'Mon, Best Free-Fly Rig? Pics please!!

Get your legs apart, move your arms forward, and sit up straight Dave!! (sorry, couldn't help it)

Best freefly rig? I'll shit myself if anybody posts something other than what you see in their profile. I like anything with an up-flap on the main. I'm not a big fan of secondary riser covers (just don't think they're necessary and I believe them to be responsible for off-heading openings and line twists). Hence my choice of the Wings and Talon FS. Had a Voodoo before.

Canuck

Get your legs apart, move your arms forward, and sit up straight Dave!! (sorry, couldn't help it)

Yup! That was taken 4 years ago when I had about 40 jumps give or take.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

but rarely do I ever see a new javelin do that.

I've never seen a reserve flap open on an Oddy, but I've seen main flaps and riser covers open on plenty.

On the other hand, both my team members jump Javs, (one Oddy, one older one) and I've never seen anything come open on either of their rigs.

I think with Javs it's all about having the proper size of canopies in them, neat pack jobs, and proper sized closing loops.

Canuck

I fly an jav oddy and I found that the trick is to stick the closing flap between two of the flaps and definately check your closing loop size, other than that no riser covers come out and it is super comfy in freefly which is more than I can say for the Talon FS i flew in eloy...riser covers flapping like a mofo and super uncomfy...but hey what works for me works for me and what works for you works for you...its all about what you are comfy with...

Cheers and blues

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.