jkwon

Standard or Dave Brown?

Looking to buy an Ouragan suit...But I don't know whether to get the DB or Standard style??? Anybody have input on pros and cons of either of them?
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

hmm, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of more drag for big people. It's been my experience that the more drag you have, the harder it is to get your legs where they need to be. Since I've tightened my suit up (granted I'm not a big guy) I have a BOATLOAD more range than I did with my baggier suit.

YMMV.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Equation:

size of jumper + type of jumping + average size of jump buddies = style of suit.

Examples:

big guy + training for comps + other big guys = slim suit
big guy + fun jumping + little guys = baggier suit
big guy + fun jumping + all sizes = little drag and lots of yoga!

:)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

The Dave Brown and Gillian Parker suits are very tailored and have next to no "flap" at all. If you need additional drag on your legs to stay head-down, then that isn't the suit for you. If you have your moves dialed, then that's probably what you want. My Ouragan has only slightly more bagginess to it than a "Dave" suit, but is very, very tailored still.

I was fascinated at the degree of workmanship used in my suit.

Chuck

I think the remedy will be to tell Nancy to design the suit with a little less drag than standard but more drag than the DBParker suit.

THanks ya'll

joe
--joe
HISPA #69

I have to agree with you there Chuck, i had a close look at Dave's suit at WFFC and i must say it looked awesome! The quality of the workmanship is outstanding, definately on my list of toys - right behind a wing suit :)
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I'm 6' 195 exit weight. My sit fall rate is on average 155. My head down is closer to 170. I can't say I've really dialed either of them down at all considering I've only 113 jumps but i'm working on it.

Always working on something I guess.
--joe
HISPA #69

I recently bought a suit from a current World free fly competitor (in Brazil). He was taller than I am, so the legs are baggier. For head-down it seems to give me a little more range to slow down. For sit, the baggy ankles make me less agile in flying forward and falling faster. When I switched back to the suit that was cut for me (medium baginess), I got better sit control (both are Tony suits) where aggresive moves were needed, such as catching a faster faller without resorting to head-down.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I definitely am loving Nancy's craft work with her Ouragan Suits. Several people at my dropzone have them and I just received mine. My girlfriend ended up designing a freestyle suit and she loves hers. I'm essentially the same size as you are (I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs) and I ended up getting an "in-between". I didn't want the DB/GP cut, but I didn't get the standard. Fits perfect for me, since I don't like much drag. I like to have just a touch of flap (you know that weight flux of 5 lbs or so in the winter), but keep this in mind..........a good freeflyer can fly in anything. Whether it's jeans/shirt, freefly suit (baggy/tight), or whatever, it all comes down to practicing and flying your ass off. Don't let anyone tell you that they can't fly slow/fast. It all comes down to their ability to utilize their flying skills. And though drag does help some people (kind of like training wheels), it's not a necessity. But all in all, get the fitted suit that you like best. I myself like the tighter fit. Happy flyin' and safe swoops!!!!
Jason Jerusalem
[email protected]

I just went and bought myself a slim suit I weigh in at 195 and am 6', I fly with guys who are 130 and wearing tight jump clothes...

I only have 250 jumps and can fly with people of all sizes already because I never let size or jump suit get in the way cuz I never knew it did. I personally like the slimmer suit because it allows you to really dial in the position and learn it no slop style.

and after jumping it twice I have since retired my ultra baggy freefly pants.

Cheers and blues

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.