gemini

FAI World Championships - Boituva Brazil

Thanks for the update Jim, is there a website with similar info? Or are you going to act as a conduit for updates..
The guys look good in those fancy togs, you must be proud.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Oh yeah....the chicken on a stick rocks.....so does the steak on a stick and the mini hotdogs on a stick....and each costs $1.50 REAL......translation.....$0.50 USD. Yeah....real expensive down here.......

I guess the best way to sum it up down here is......that it sure doesn't suck!

Hey Jim....the boys are in 3rd place right now!!! I am so excited for them! They have put so much effort into training and really deserve to win! I'm praying for the best. :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Go Anomaly! Looks like they had a few busts on round 2:( Probably part of the issue that are mentioned on the omniskore tidbits... I'm sure they can put that behind them though...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Yup...2 of those busts were part of the "issues" from that round.....We questioned the judges on it and reviewed the scoring sheets and video and the points were not busted for the reasons that Anomaly originally thought. We still didn't agree with the call.....but at least it was for a legit reason.......either way.....lesson learned for almost all of the teams....unfortunately it hurt some more than others.......

Yup...2 of those busts were part of the "issues" from that round.....We questioned the judges on it and reviewed the scoring sheets and video and the points were not busted for the reasons that Anomaly originally thought. We still didn't agree with the call.....but at least it was for a legit reason.......either way.....lesson learned for almost all of the teams....unfortunately it hurt some more than others.......

[:/], i was thinking the exact same thing!

thank you so much Brian! you are taking BEAUTIFUL pictures and Neatly posting them for us! you are so sweet to do that!! i also enjoyed the pics from the Stash Jam @ CK -- Very Funny :D

Sending love, hugs & kisses to all my friends in Brasil!!!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Hey Brian,

what were the reasone because the judges descriptin was for the points in the next round.

I think the rules are a tough read for the competitors and the judges. But it hurts the compeittors the most.

Good luck Anomly and Loki.

And Trent, props man.
I need an Anomly shirt now after I caught you wearing the Guano shirt in the team pic.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

The reason for the busts were that they said they couldn't see the grips......when I watched the video with the chief judge during the review.....those boys hit those points so fast.....and if both grips are not visible.....completely visible....then it's a bust.......for instance.....2 of the busts were going from a belly round and transitioning it to a double grip head down......so as they were rotating you could see both hands.....but once they got over.....one hand was block from view because the closer arm was in the way.......so while everyone watching knows they got it....according to the rules it was a bust......bummer.....

I think they will be revising the rules a bit.....seeing that we seem to be constantly working out the different little issues like this.....on 1 side....it's a speed round....but on the other....every grip HAS to be presented to the camera.......cause as we all know....if it's not on video.....it never happened.....

;)

Check Omniskore in about 30 minutes....I'm gonna post top 8 since Round 5 is complete and it is also an elimination round....... I'll post for Womens freestyle and freefly since those are the only with more than 8 competitors.

I'm on it....oh...and for the US folks wonder....Loki is still in.....B|

just wanted to say how very proud i am of our usa teams that are representing us so very well.

i find it incredibly sad that once again we find ourselves questioning the validity of scoring made by judges. i am amazed that the judges could have rejudged round 2 and given anomoly 4 busts with only one of the busts cited, being agreed upon from the 3 busts judged by the original panel.

rather than criticize the system (any further), i would rather encourage that anyone out there with any interest in judging should take the steps to become one. i am certain that it is not an easy job, with rules that are ambiguous, at best, to begin with. these athletes train their asses off to get to the world level (not to mention the $$), though, and the least that could be done in return would be to convene and try to work the kinks out of the system beforehand, so as to avoid continually tossing teams onto emotional roller coasters, when all they really want to do is see how their stuff stacks up to the other best teams' goods.

i mean, wouldn't it be grand to have just one event where the judging is not questioned? where the teams walk away from the event saying, "cool, we deserved what we got."

of course, i am not there, but this seems kinda fucked.

keep your heads up, teams, no matter where you are from.

grrrrrr.
gillian

Right on.....I couldn't agree more. I think we have all learned a great deal here. I know several things that I will be including in my post action report to the USPA in terms of suggestions for the furture....like you said....try and address it before it happens.....

As for updates.....if you guys want to see the fun that I've been dealing with....check out our protest and the jury's response......oh the fun.....

Also, Round 7 is complete. Still waiting on scores for rounds 6 & 7. Once they are out I will post results.....keep your fingers crossed....

-b

Terribly sad news here...[:/] My heart is in my throat and I'm just pissed. Why is it that there was only ONE round that was rejudged? Coincidence, eh? How is it that everything was okay in the first round, but not the second....:| I'm confused!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

what was wrong with Judging Room No. 2 (**which is hooked up to the DZTV**) that they couldn't do what they were SUPPOSED to do in it... Judge??? what's the reason for switching to a different 'secluded' judging room? :S

i feel really bad for all the competitors. also in agreement with gilly, when you spend so much MONEY & TIME to compete... the last thing you want is imbalanced judging [:/]

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister