br0k3n

Were you coached in headdown

Ok so who was coached with there headdown and who taught themselves…

Personally, I have not received any coaching yet, and do not see my headdown improving until I do.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I had 5 HD coached jumps a few months back. At the time I didn't do too well at all, but as things sunk in over time I know the coaching was well worth it. I'm at the point where I'm fairly stable and just starting to move around (on purpose, but not gracefully). For the most part, I've only been working on HD when I do solos (which isn't too often), so my progress has been slow. I have a few skills I want to work on over the next couple months, but then I plan getting a bunch of HD coached jumps to get comfortable enough to fly with others.

--Keith
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

I had a number of caoch jumps, but only on a "by opportunity" basis. They didn't really help much, until i felt the tube for the first time during a solo. The weekend after that i got the great opportunity to jump with Max Cohn for his slots only and managed to do two jumps with him. His way to instruct was way different from what i had previously experienced from coaches, and i could get a lot more for myself out of it.:)
Looking foward to get some coaching in Perris by the end of the month! Tunnel too...
Begone, Bling!:S
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I had one coach jump up in Davis, the guy just put me there to let me feel it. really helped but it took me probably another 10-15 solos to really get stable. after that it took me probably another 10 jumps to get my sit to head transition down without over spinning [like a 270 weed wacker]. moving around i find much easier than driving in a sit.

what really helped me was that on my solos, once I felt that i was stable i would spin 360 as fast as i could. that helped me with the control a lot plus if you see the horizon wobble you are not vertical.... try again, horizon stays level, you got it. relaxing helps a lot and playing around with different body positions and just feel...
I am using that new found skill right now to help me drive back to the group when my exit goes bad and I find myself way off...

loads of fun :D

Did a coach jump last year with a lot of ground briefing beforehand to get the proper body position into muscle memory. It got me falling down the tube. I feel as though my solo attempts at HD up until then had been all but useless.

I've done a handful of HD coach jumps since then and get video of myself whenever possible. Each jump with video is like 10 jumps IMO.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I got coaching from Tim Strauss and Steve Curtis in the begining(Arizona Freeflight)
I've also had the opportunity to get coaching with Dusty Smith, Jeffro Provanzano and Omar Alhagelan. I continue to work on my skills.
As Missy says learning never stops!

Doing a lot of head down solos isnt always the best idea when first learning. One picks up bad habits, and even more importantly, you cant see if you're traveling across the sky!
Video is essential as is proper coaching.:)

Heh I just jumped with Tim Straus when I was in Russia. He left, Juan Carlos came, did a few with him too.

The coaching helped a *lot*.

If you meet Tim, tell 'im he's a fucking asshole B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Not that I've made much progress... but what little I have made is 100% due to the coaching I've been fortunate enough to receive!

The biggest help I've recieved so far... 1. Smile! 2. Breathe! 3. Smile! 4. Breathe! 5. Smile! 6. Breathe! Repeat..........................

Relax, Breathe...

Thanx Mr. Kuczaj... Thanx Robert...;)

Chaps
Carpe diem

Many years ago I was being coached by Brad Slager who has since past away.
He was one of the best and probably one of the first to start freeflying in Texas.
My entire freeflying career is in his memory.

"Skooled by Slager!"

I tried at least 10 times on my own with a horrible forward track. I jumped with others that could fly hd and that didn't help much. I just got back from rantoul and I got 10 coach jumps from Dave Brown and he fixed a ton of problems for me that I couldn't have fixed in 50 jumps...well worth the money.