sunnydee123

"Florida Freefly Club"

Hey gang....a bunch of us were talking one day, as we were sitting around waiting to get enough people to fly a load, about a traveling group of freefliers within FL. How AWESOME would it be to meet a bunch of friends, at a preselected dropzone, on a preselected weekend and know that loads would fly and/or you'd just have other fliers to jump with?

We are very lucky living in FL with it's vast array of great dropzones. But without the people to fly with and/or to get the loads up - we're almost lost. So if we get this little "club" up and running (which by the way is not really a "club" persay, because you won't really join and there is no limitations as to who can come play :)
Now we just need to start the ball rolling (thanks once again to Sangiro) so here we go........How about we start with Lake Wales, the weekend of the 21st. Who is game? Would love to hear your thoughts on the whole idea. I think I've summed up the thoughts and ideas behind it so let's talk people............

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

That sounds like a great idea, D! I know there is a group of RW fliers that have been meeting in Deland once a month to do big ways. I think they have an e-mail system going to let people what is going on. If they can do it, we can too! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You and Jason SHOULD move to FL - weather is much nicer year round then where you are ;) and we have SO MANY choices on where to play in the sky.

This really is a GREAT idea and I just planted the seed - but am not the brain child. Just have to get the idea and "club" up and running.

See you soon~

Sounds awesome! Now that I'm here, count me inB| So far I've mainly been jumping at Deland and last weekend I checked out Lakes Wales. I've been to Zhills several times, however the weather didn't cooperate. I still want to check out Sebastian and Titusville.

WOW.....I'm not really sure. Tampa and Orlando are PROBABLY both about 1.5 hours away. There is an airport in Sanford but I don't think it is big. Already know Delta flies into Melbourne but that is WAY out of the way for many. You'll have to do some sort of search but doesn't this sound like a great idea. Just want to get a committed group of folks willing to travel and make jumps so we can all benefit ;) See ya soon - off to Rantoul in less than 12 hours

Just want to get a committed group of folks willing to travel and make jumps so we can all benefit

Maybe this group should also get together and split some tunnel time? If it ever comes together, let me and T know and we'll totally fly down from nyc
FFFC is a great idea.

Hey Dee! You know I am in. ;) I hope you are having a blast in Rantoooooool!! See you in Sebastian.

I just have that little car problem. If any one lives in West palm and wants to help a girl out, pm me. ;)

PMS# 167
~ Cyn
--going nowhere at lightening speed!--

Awe :<
D. Woman and I will be in NY that weekend, we can probably make the next month after that though. Lake Wales is a great DZ too, it's one of my favorites in the state.

-R

Hey gang....a bunch of us were talking one day, as we were sitting around waiting to get enough people to fly a load, about a traveling group of freefliers within FL. How AWESOME would it be to meet a bunch of friends, at a preselected dropzone, on a preselected weekend and know that loads would fly and/or you'd just have other fliers to jump with?

We are very lucky living in FL with it's vast array of great dropzones. But without the people to fly with and/or to get the loads up - we're almost lost. So if we get this little "club" up and running (which by the way is not really a "club" persay, because you won't really join and there is no limitations as to who can come play :)
Now we just need to start the ball rolling (thanks once again to Sangiro) so here we go........How about we start with Lake Wales, the weekend of the 21st. Who is game? Would love to hear your thoughts on the whole idea. I think I've summed up the thoughts and ideas behind it so let's talk people............

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Well I'm glad to see people are taking a liking to the idea...now we just have to wait and see what this week brings for Lake Wales after Hurricane Charley stopped for an uninvited visit.

I got in from Rantoul last night after sitting in the airport all day and even at night - was amazed at the MESS Orlando was. It's storming where I am now or I'd be in the car going to help Lake Wales.

Everyone keep your eyes and ears posted so we can help Lake Wales and get this little idea rolling. Hope to see and or talk to everyone soon.

Hugs...Be safe ~ D

Seeing as how Lake Wales was going to be our first "club gathering" spot, we thought perhaps it would be best to post-pone this weekend until Lake Wales is back up to speed. Of course we want to support the DZ any way possible so as soon as they are ready for us, we'll be there.....if not sooner.

For now, thanks for the support of the FFC idea. Keep it and Lake Wales in your thoughts!

i will be moving back to Florida in a month. I have recently got in to this sport and should have a few jumps under my belt by then and would like ot meet some fellow divers. keep me in mind for next month
Live it, Love it, Just go for it before it slipps away. Dont wait another day.

So what does everyone have planned for Labor Day weekend? Might be a nice long weekend to all meet up and skydive/party an extra day :P......Talk to me people - I'd like to get a first gathering under our belt soon before the cold Florida winter moves in ;)

So what does everyone have planned for Labor Day weekend?

Count me out on that one. I have to go to a 3 day soccer tournament in Jax. Go team. B| Hopefully I can join you on the next one!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

SOuNds Cool... the freefly group... not sure I'd want to be on a zoo dive though with all dem pups corkn' n shit. But hey I'll show up for the beer!!! Too bad about Lake Wales... got lots of friends who are hurtn... (Olaf, Sean, Steve)... should definetely plan a huge gathering to support the dz. I wouldn't mind making a couple two or three ways but nothing bigger than that... don't want them whipper-snappers running in to me!!! [email][email protected]

Well I should have phrased that differently " Where's the DZ to be in Florida ?" heh that being said it looks like that damn hurricane is zeroed in on south florida so my ass is staying in texas for an extra week. Hmm how far it is again from houston to richmond? :)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "