AggieDave

Goodbye FMC, I will miss you

My great FMC jumpsuit finally gave up the ghost yesterday after about 700 jumps on the suit (including probably half of my tandem jumps).

The fabric that was used for the arms and legs (denim) had worn and worn until it was very soft and started developing holes from just the wind.

Yesterday working on some HD, the arms ripped out at the elbows, both arms have HUGE tears in it and the fabric is so messed up that its not worth patching. Nevermind that the butt has been patched up a couple times already from sliding in tandems, and the legs are becoming soft and developing holes as well.

All I've got to say is I paid just a bit over $200 for this suit and it treated me very well for a long while, FMC makes a hell of a suit. To last as long as it did after the hell I put it through, its amazing.

I'll try to get some pics of the disaster this weekend to post, in the mean time, here's a couple pics of the suit taken roughly 1000 jumps ago.:P:P

Well, a new Kurupee is being ordered so lets hope that it holds up even 1/2 as well as my FMC did!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I might in a few months, right now I ordered a Kurupee to try them out.

Dude, if you spike your hair up like that pic, i will buy the jump and shoot vid/stills for ya:D:D;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Ditto. Seen Tandem instructor suits from Flite Suit that have lasted 2500+. Great work suit.

Got to say I love my Matter Pro Concept, but I don't do tandems in it (it's white).:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yeah, I really think that the tandems are what truely did the suit in. That's why now I just wear a t-shirt and a pair of Shift Recon pants (baggy motocross pants that look a lot like FF pants). That and my tandem landings are much better then when I first started, so I don't slide in nearly as many.:P

I don't think FF suits like the 200+mph speeds I would go when I was learning how to FF. Something tells me that cloth isn't a huge fan of that.:P:P

Dave, have you looked into THESE GUYS

Having seen Chuck's/Katie's suit I can tell you they are bad ass from top to bottom. Had I seen them before I bought my FMC suit I would of gone with them hands down
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Holy shit, they better be good at $340 and up for a suit! Damn, for that price it should pack my rig at the end of the day as well!

Dude, don't believe me, ask the :ph34r: yourself. I doubt the O suit will wear out anywhere near as fast as your last one did. And you don't even want to know what I paid for my FMC suit. I think I fell and hit my head on the corner of the table before I ordered it.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

And you don't even want to know what I paid for my FMC suit

Really? Mine was $200 plus something like $20 shipping (I had it hand carried by the KGB on a private G-V so I'd have it for a boogie). Karen even made it quick so I'd have it for that same boogie, got it to me in something like 3 weeks. I thought that was badass, especially for only $200.

Really? Mine was $200 plus something like $20 shipping (I had it hand carried by the KGB on a private G-V so I'd have it for a boogie). Karen even made it quick so I'd have it for that same boogie

Dude, I don't even want to get into my FMC story, it's one of those things I'd rather forget. Put it this way, when I get another suit, it will be an "O" suit no doubt
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ouragan suits are top of the line custom suits kinda like an Armani suit for an executive. Nancy and chris helped me design and build my one-of-a-kind wingsuit. thier use of new materials and quality of workmanship is incredible. they are pricey, but worth every dime. If you can think of a design that has never been seen, they can make it, and well.
just my humble opinion.
jimoke
The ground always, remembers where you are!

Good luck with the Kurupee man... I think they are hit and miss. I've heard from people who have liked them.

I personally had one sent w/ dimensions that wouldn't fit any human I know... complained, emailed, phoned, got a free one to replace it. That was nice of them. Unfortunately the second one was just as brutal. I could start my own thread store with all the loose threads. The zipper is of the cheapest quality, and the dimensions were still not even close.

They are cheap though.. I'll give them that!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Well, what i think it comes down to is that there will be people who love them and those that hate them, i happen to be one that loves kurupee. I got mine not too long ago and it fit perfect and there were no loose threads or anything coming apart on it. Now i may just be lucky but im pretty happy with the suit and the customer service.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

I know how you feel, I had to throw out my first pair of freefly pants last week. I got pied the weekend i was moving. So i tossed them in a bag and stuck them in the truck and was gonna wash them when i got up here. I forgot about them for a week, and they had mold all over them. :(

-----------------------------------------------
The difference between fear and respect is knowledge. Learn more about what your doing and you won't be afraid to do it.