Andrewnewell

Freefly comps in the UK...

this one goes out to All you brit freeflyers out there.

A while ago the BPA thinned out the UK freefly regional's due to lack of competitors,>:( leaving only the nationals.:| There isn't to my knowledge any other real competitive freefly events held in the UK anymore { could be misinformed }.

What would be the general feeling amongst the Freefly population in regards to having more competitive events in the UK And also what type of comps would people want to go to?

Yeah definately more competions..!!

cash prizes an everything that will bring them out the woodwork...

plenty of dz's would be more than happy to host them...

We need to get all the freefly cats in the uk on the same dz more than once a year so we can move things forward....were crap!!

damn the yanks are throwing out 50 ways we are sooo far behind... and think we rely on the bpa far too much to organise things for us....

we need to put our heads together and organise some stuff....all in favour say i.

If you ask it, it may happen!
I'm the BPA Artistics Discipline Rep and the Freefly, Freestyle and Skysurf Competitons are my responsibility, this year due to comments from people last year, i completely re-wrote the rules making it clearer and easier, also i had quite a few people comment that the Nationals always clashed with the Hercules Boogie and that people would rather be there, so this year i fought long and hard (And believe me it was hard) to have the Nationals moved back by one week. So hopefully more teams will enter this year.
My plan is that if enough teams enter, then next year, providing i am re-elected, i can propose that we have Artistic Regional competitions again.
The reason they were stopped was because not enough teams were entering and it was costing far too much money.

With regards to the money side of things, unless we have more teams entering and more interest is generated, no-one will want to give any money. If this year is a success, i can send a promotional package to various companies offering them the chance to sponsor the nationals, maybe then we can get some prize money involved.

On the other hand, if you would like to run your own competition, then be my guest, speak to your CCI and arrange something at your own DZ

If you want to talk to me about anything, then please e-mail me or call the BPA Office and get my number,

Nigel Holland
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Getting the regional's back in swing would be a good move if ya ask me, but I know this would all depend on how much interest this years nationals get. We'll have to see.

May I suggest that the BPA organize an event that concentrates on individual flyers and not just teams?

A mate of mine mentioned an idea for an event that I thought was really cool. I'm not gonna go into it on here as it will bore everyone. But I will say that the event would cater for persons with FF1 and FS1 in an (B) cat and a more advanced cat (a) which would require flyers to have FF2 and FS1.

It would be arranged as a money meet and would include, fs, ff, and canopy handling.

Would it be ok for me to give you a call later and discuss this. cant go into it to much as I,m off to lillo.

How about sticking a survey sheet in the BPA mag to gauge interest? That way you'd know how many people at what dropzone would be bothered to turn up, if they would commit to a one, two, three, four.... round event, if they would like it to have an entry fee/ Prize fund - or just for kicks. etc.etc.etc.

Good idea, a survey just for that would cost alot of money, but there is a survey due to run again soon, i'll propose that the question is asked.
Any other ideas?
Keep them coming!!

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232