weegegirl

Back to Belly

Well, there were a few hundred freefly jumps that I wouldn't even consider putting on that ol' tight-as-hell belly suit. But last weekend, a few of us decided... what the heck... and we joined in on some 4way belly scrambles. Not only was it fun as hell, but I realized something...

Freefly has improved my belly skills Xs 10.

Anyone else feel this way?? I was nervous at first that I would sink out or funnel a dive. But that didn't happen at all. I just took a deep breath and flew my body. Now, by no means could I go out and really "compete" or be serious about it without a lot of practice, but it really is just one more way of "flying our bodies."

Oh, and our very own headdown chick, Chrisssay, was on the first place belly team. :D How cool is that??? :P

I forced myself to do belly jumps and get RW coaching for my first 70 jumps. Now I do both. My passion is in freeflying, but the more I learn about flying my body, the more I find that I love all kinds of flying and that each discipline seems to help the other. I really enjoy doing some good RW and I want to push myself to get better at it. Only drag is the suit in the summer. :D I've also found, since taking a canopy course, that I'm having much more fun under canopy, and am very interested in honing my skills. Funny how opening your mind to learning can make it ALL so much more fun. :)

Totally, belly flying is a ton of fun. I get on belly jumps whenever I can (if we're not working or training). 1/2 the time it's so fun is because we don't get to do it that often, the other half is because I'm so used to jumping with just 2 other people instead of 3 or 19!

I strongly encourage all freeflyers of all levels to get out and have some fun with the belly organizers at their DZs. It's all fun, right!?
Oh, hello again!

Now that I'm comfortable with my freeflying skills, I've been thinking of mixing things up too. I did a Birdman jump last weekend and it was great! An AFF instructor friend also told me that he would do some 2-way RW jumps with me to help me brush up on my skills so I can try some of the RW jumps the locals do. I'm excited about it and am definitely going to take him up on it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I like belly flying occasionally too. I like being able to go on someone's 100th or an scr dive and things like that. Freeflying has made me better at diving to formations with enough awareness to be safe and also proficient.(well somewhat proficient:D):D:D We do 10 way speed and 4 way scrambles every year at the dz and they are always fun to do.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

What is this 'belly flying' you speak of? :P

Hi Weege!:)

:P:D:D:D

hey.... at the end of the scrambles, I was beggin Marty to hold a second one this season. that belly stuff is cooooool. (okay, for a dive or two here and there. ;))

hi, chris! :$:):D

Yeah, piss off you two.....:P

As for bellyflying, yeah it was cool to do some last weekend. B| Freeflying definitely improves belly skill, teaches you to fly your body. Right on, and all that stuff.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Did a belly 2way w/ altichick on her boogietour some time ago, i was really itching to do it because i hadn't done one in more than 200 jumps...
Simply wanted to know if i could still do it.
Found it felt really wrong and weird in the beinning... :S:$B| then when we started pulling the points, it became quite fun. And we had so much time...
Even though i felt it took really strong inputs due to the lower speed.:ph34r:
I'll probably do it again sometime soon. Scrambles are most fun, especially if the proficiency levels are mixed.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Duuuuuuuuude, I did a belly jump this weekend too! Only load I hopped on today, was a 6 way RW. I kinda tripped myself out, and all the belly guru's I went with ;) Had a total blast though, I'm all smiles.