skybob

kurupee suits

I bought one about two months ago. Great suit. All of the details were free. I was very impressed with the way it flew for me on big ways - nice, slow, and responsive. :)
I'm still getting used to it in a sit. The drag is heavy in the legs but I requested that. ;)

anyone have a kurupee freefly suit?

Have one, one year old, 250 jumps on (ehm.. in) it.

if so, how do you like, or dislike it?

I like it... but as always, it's a matter of personal preferense.

I think it's a great suite for a great price.

--
riro - http://www.ronnkvist.nu/gallery/

I bought a set of pants from them and have had them for 5 months now and they are still together and work great. As far as customer service is concerned it really was not there when I purchased the pants. I tried numerous times to contact kurupee and never was able to get anyone and my pants were also sent to the wrong address (I live in missouri they were sent to Illinois). One good thing is they sent the pants rush service and did not charge anything extra. Hope this helps. Blue skies!

Just got mine today. Looks great and fits well. But I know people have had customer service and quality problems with them before. I think it's...

Pros:

1> The suits look great.
2> They get it to you fast.
3> The price is very good.

Cons:

1> A lot of people have had quality control problems(wrong size or bad sewing).
2> Some people have had problems contacting them with issues.

If they could fix those two issues, even if they had to raise their prices to do it, they'd completely kick ass.

My brother ordered a pair of pants from them about two months ago . The sizing was way , way off ! The quality of materials was really poor too ! They did credit his account and never charged him for the pants . The only thing is no one can fit into them .

I ordered two of them, one for me and one for my girlfriend. Mine is perfect, hers did not fit. After i sent an email it was replaced for free and fits now very well.

Due to a long time bad weather period we made only some jumps wearing this suits, but so far they are absolutely satisfactory.
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!

Most of the time "you get what you pay for".
Well that wasnt my experience. I payed for a suit that was at least put together (see pics). The first time i tryed the suit on and did the zipper up it came right off. They forgot to put stoppers on the top of the zipper. So I took in into a place and had the bottom removed and the zipper put back on. That cost me $30.

There was a million places where the stitching was all comming apart or not even there (see pics again) . Took it to my mom and asked her to please fix it. She fixed everything up real good but it took her 3 days and lots of hrs to complete it. Feeling bad about this I took her out for a nice dinner. That cost me $50.

I had emailed krapee suits several times when i first received the suit (took 3 months to get the suit) explaining the really really poor job they did. I never received a responce. payed 160 for the suit plus the 30 and the 50 = $240>:(

I cant really say if their customer service is good because i dont really even know if they have one. As for the price, well 240 for their low end suit seems pretty high to me. As for the turn around times, 3 months isnt that impressive.

I really hope they can fix all these problem and become a good suit manufacturer:S. As for right now I wont be buying one neither will anyone at my home dropzone.

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

Dude, I would send them a bill for the time it took your mom to fix it, and the stuff you had to buy for it. But then again, you cant even get an email response from them. Crappy business practice like that makes me sick to my stomach.

See this thread:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1144570;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I had a pretty terrible experience, see the pictures and my post on the thread. Very similar to ChodaBoys....

My Advice: Examine the alternatives.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

Nope... don't know jack about kurupee suits... but if you want to order the absolute best freefly suit ever developed - you should check out Ouragan suits!!!
Not too many heard of them but some of the greatest flyers in these parts are starting to wear them... and i can see them becoming bigger than any other freefly suit out there.... cuz they are made so much different than any other.

I don't know the number you call but i know the girl who makes them is Nancy and that she jumps at Deland... so I imagine you could call Deland or maybe she has one of those web places or something... anyway.... i'm getting ready to order one since I'm going to sign up for some advanced freefly lessons... some new freefly school starting up in florida .... sounds real dapper... lot's of good jumps and plenty of beer!!

I just got my Kurupee in yesterday and was able to put a couple of jumps on it.

Nice suit, seems like it was well made, it fit perfect and looks good. All in all I'm pretty satisfied.

(what's with the "4:20 pocket" on the left sleeve, though?)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The first time that i ordered from kurupee i ordered freefly pants. when i opened the package they were the wrong colors, and smaller than what i had ordered, so i emailed them and they let me keep the pair and sent me another pair rush delivery and free shipping (which was cool)

But its really no problem cuz they fit my mom really well and now im finally talkin her into freeflyin.

The customer service was really great with them. I actually have a new suit coming from them, should be in the mail sometime soon.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

As you can see here, and most other threads, Kurupee suit Co. for the most part sucks. Yeah, they fix what the do wrong, but even if it is free, why would you want to give a company money for a suit that is inferior quality, just so you can save a couple bucks?

It seems that they are an equal opportunity employer as they have colorblind, and mentally challenged people making these suits. I would say that thier days are numbered, but the "value" factor for these guys will keep them in business. If they keep raising thier prices.......it will only be a matter of time unless they get their act together.

As for me, I am designing my O suit right now. I tend to purchase the best, and only do it once. In the business of skydiving, I dont undestand why anyone would buy product of inferior design. Anything can get us out there, even the clothes we wear. Just my opinion guys......

I wouldnt go as far as to say that they suck. If they sucked they would have poor customer service, and not ever deal with a problem.

As i said before, yes they did send the wrong color freefly pants, but they contacted me immediately and sent me a new pair for free, and just let me keep the old ones. They did get it exactly right the second time. Maybe they havent been around long, but everybody has to start somewhere. Gotta give them a chance at least to really get into buisness and hit the market.

We only have a few freeflyers at our DZ including me, and most of them have kurupee suits. I was the first one to ever have a problem with them.

Why go buy the most expensive freefly suit when Kurupee has done just as good for us? I can see maybe getting the best canopy and container and reserve. But, when it comes to a suit...its just a suit unless your goin for extra options.

I wouldnt really call it an inferior design either. In my opinion they make a cool suit.

Just my view of things.

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--