Andrewnewell

jumpin the ball in the UK?

Does anyone know the reason why were not allowed to jump the ball in the UK? I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the CAA ?

Also does any one know away of changing this ruling or about finding a loophole in the system that we can shamelessly exploit to jump the ball in the UK?

It's seems strange we can't jump balls over certain DZ in the country that have large non inhabitable areas surrounding them I.E.{"Nevers" is right next to a military impact area that is constantly under bombardment from one sort of missile or another}.

Gotta love that British red tape shit!>:(

That's not just in the UK dude. Here in the USA, I've been to three dropzones that have allowed ball jumps, and two of which were very special circumstances (super experienced people, several thousand jumps, PERFECT conditions). The third was right next to (over) a big body of water, and only FSMS Instructors were allowed ballmaster.

Jumping balls is a big risk to take. I know of a ball drop a few years ago that came literally feet away from an old lady in her garden. That was as close to a fatality as you get. Also, anything that leaves the plane is not the jumper's responsibility, it's the pilot's. Imagine being a full time jump pilot and losing your job and your license because some jackass thought he was ready to ballmaster when he wasn't. Yeah, that'd be reason enough not to allow ball jumps at a dz. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Not enough people making enough noise about it I would expect....
Im sure theres a way through the red tape with appropriate conditions and policies procedures etc etc ( as well as handpicked locations)

just not enough people making enough noise IMHO.....so its just too eay to say 'Nope you cant do that"

I'm pretty sure there is a CAA ruling that objects may not be dropped from any civilian planes, regardless of the area underneath. I think the BPA interpret skyballs as being in this category, IE they are not attached to a parachute, drogue, or similar decelerating system. A case might be made for the ones that open at a preset altitude and dump their lead, I just don't know if anyone has made such a proposal.

"Gotta love that British red tape shit!"
Yup.[:/]
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I wonder what the deal is with jumping the vladiball over hear? if the ball is lost and expelled its lead surely the container would prove no more lethal than a woody or falling freebag after cutaway.

I suppose you could argue that it had a deceleratory system incorporated within its design.

Does anyone know the person to contact at the BPA in order to make a case for jumping the Vladibal over the UK?

"We are the pilgrims master".