Jumpmunki

I NAILED MY SIT!!!!!!!!!

i nailed my sit today held it comfortably without turning all the way down the tube!

i was only turning and flopping onto my back when i moved my arm to check my alti

W00T!!!!!!

sorry for this pointless boast, but that jump (110)

ROCKED!

what should i practice now i can hold the possition?

cheers

p.s Woot!

Practice getting into the sit as quick as possible on various types of exits... then practice doing maneuvers to cause instability so you can learn to regain the sit quickly if you cork.. then you can practice real transitions, cartwheels, front flips, back flips.. etc. Then you can learn to go forward, backwards, sideways, increase and decrease speed. Then you can go practice taking pretend docks in the air so that you get comfortable sticking your hand out in front of you while maintaining stability.

However, The most important thing for you to learn now are skills that will pertain to jumping with others. Learn to recover very quickly from a cork (balling up to maintain speed), learn to fall straight down and then learn to not cork.:P

When you practice this stuff, make sure you're facing off the line of flight as you might be backsliding or driving a lot more than you may realize. Don't want to get in other peoples way on opening.

If you have any other questions about good solo drill dives feel free to PM me!

Ahahahahhhhaaaa......I thought the same thing.

After I had that frontal labotomy, I dont have the cravings for CS anymore. If I didnt quit that damn game....I think my wife was going to AWP me in the head.;):D

Yeah, its unfortunate... All I used to do was play that damn game, its sad though.. Sometimes I miss it:SB| Sorrty to Hijack you're sit thread man..

YARRRRRR MATEY THIS BE A HIJACKING! B|

i used to till it got full of idiotiotic cheats :(
i used to hang around wargaming forums as well alot (airsoft) and w00t was a common meaning of elation .....

anyway........ cheers for the advice dudes...

must get back to work :D

maybe

Good Job dude,

You are turning when you look at your altimeter because of a lack of foot power. Keep your feet planted and 90 degrees at the hips. The next thing to do is turns, flips, and cartwheels. This will make the position strong.

A full progression chart is on the New School FLight Universty website www.blincoe.org.

Feel free to contact me through the website.

Steven Blincoe

Agree with all that has already been said.
Another good exercise to get you flying on your feet is to do balance exercises such as pushing one foot down and holding the position then trying it with the other. Also putting one hand on your head. Don't be surprised if you fall of it initially, but try it a few times and you will get it. Looking at your alti should not be a problem after this.

With only 600 jumps, I'm not an expert but this is what my coach had me do when I started sit

Now that you can sit, and after a little more practice, it will seem like it's the only way to fly. It will feel so natural. It would be a good thing to fly with another person to check out whether or not you're backsliding. If so, remember, pelvis slightly forward, and straight torso posture. If you find yourself looking down at the ground, chances are you might be backsliding. Once your posture is in check, if you move your lower legs slightly forward, this will help you move forward to stay close to your group. Practice...practice...practice. Getting your sit is a milestone! Good job and have fun.

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

Steve did you recently hurt your shoulder or something?? Or ankle? I think I was signed up to take class with you at CSS in NC?

--smiley
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

if you are going to do solos here are some solo drill dives.

dive 1, check heading (pick cloud or direction), check alti, check heading again, and adjust back to original. repeat until checking alti does not mess up heading.

dive 2 (first get someone to show you how to do a cartwheel) check heading, left cartwheel, check heading, right cartwheel, check alti. repeat all the way down. take note if you are better in one direction than the other and practice it more.

dive 3 (once you know how to do front/back flips and cartwheels). check heading, left cartwheel,heading, right cartwheel,heading, front flip, heading, back flip, heading check alti.. repeat all the way down.

Once you can do all this you are a stable fucker.

Here is a 2 way drill dive for sit.

dive 1 : go out in a train so that you are close together. touch toes with partner, do a 360 then touch toes again, check alti. repeat all the way down. don't be afraid to crash into your partner while in a sit, it is all part of staying stable if you get knocked. this dive is good for moving forward, keeping levels and staying stable.

good luck after you mastered these dives you can try docking and more complex stuff.

ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

Its not easy at first, when u get it its class. Keep going at it mate. Sits the way forward :)

Im trying to get Regan to try it out now ;) Gettin there. The two jumps he did on Monday were both in sit :)
"It was mainly serves"