dhammons

Infinity container

I'm thinking about purchasing an Infinity (Velocity rig) in the near future. Could anyone give me some advice on this container. Likes and dislikes?

Thanks. ;)

----------------------------------------------------
"Never eat more than you can lift!" Miss Piggy
"Never fall faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

IMHO the Infinity is the best rig on the market. Great price, low lead time and some of the best customer service out there. Kelly is really good about getting it right the first time. No matter how you like to skydive it works and feels great. The best riser protection on the market. Looks great as well. Also the price is great. You can get a custom Infinty with hip rings, pin stripes, kill line PC and HAckey for $1229.25
Dom

I owned one for 6 years. Good rig, very strong, stands up to most everything. Never had a cutaway with it, so I can't give first-hand info about that. Comfortable, Light (compared to the Vector and Dolphins I jumped). Had to replace a legstrap after doing a VERY LOW swoop over pavement (so low that I also had to replace my pants, shorts, etc, but that is for a different thead). Customer Service is good, usually fast (my rig was gone for only 3 weeks to get leg-strap fixed and harness resized), and online. They are widely used (my DZ uses them for student rigs as well) so most riggers will be familiar with them.

Can't say enough good things about them. The only thing I didn't like was the color scheme (but then again, I bought mine second-hand).

Enjoy! It is a GREAT rig!

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

It's the best damn' rig in the universe!
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
And the guy who builds them is a god with a sewing machine.
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Seriously the rig is well thought out and built, has any number of modern features for any type of flying you wish. Service is top notch, and IMO it has nice clean lines.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and I love it! It has a narrower profile than my old Vector, which is nice.

As for the main pin protection, yeah, it has a tuck tab like the old Javs, but I can lift my entire container by the main pin cover when it's closed, and it won't come open. Pretty cool.

I really like Infinity's version of the "interior" riser covers, too.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I bought mine back in April and I LOVE it. You cant beat the customer service of Velocity Sports. Kelly built me a rig that is super comfortable and we put the chest strap lower so that the band is under my bust rather than across it like other rigs I have used. I have used it for RW and free flying. I have taken the rig to 253 MPH headdown with no issues with the rig at all. The riser covers stayed put where they belong unlike my other rig a Javelin DOM 94. I have had no issues with the Pilotchute in the BOC.. no hard pulls as I have read about other rigs.

I have only likes.. not a single dislike here.

It ROCKS.

Amazon

One thing to watch with the interior riser covers is, I've now had two packers put the risers on the OUTSIDE of the covers.

I had trouble with the colours being incorrect and a few small things missing when I first got it, but that was quickly fixed by Kelly when I sent it back. Apart from that, I agree with what everyone else is saying, good rig, good service.

...Blair.

One thing to watch with the interior riser covers is, I've now had two packers put the risers on the OUTSIDE of the covers.

I have had this happen a couple of times as well. However, it is easy to tuck the risers under the secondary covers after packing should this occur. Usually when I tell the packers they remember for the next time.

I love my Infinity.

Since Kelly has decided to be modest and not reply here (although I know he's watching the thread), I will put in the $.02 that I imagine he would add if he were to reply. (He's a buddy of mine, so I'm sure he won't mind me putting words in his mouth ;))

The Infinity has the best riser coverage system on any rig currently available, period...and it looks good too. You basically have two complete layers holding the risers in place, but they're designed such that they don't lock against each other. I've never had a riser cover failure on either on my Infinities.

The Harness is designed with an intentionally low hip junction...something that a few riggers in Southern California just couldn't get their heads around. Based on how your body moves and the angles that your "traditional" harness takes when you wear it, you basically end up being "hung" by the harness. By moving the junction down a few inches you are "sitting" in the harness...more like sitting in a saddle than hanging. Add the nice, wide leg pads to the equation and you're in for a comfy ride.

For some reason, this being different from what others were doing freaked out some people and a few riggers complained that the harness must simply be built wrong. I don't know what these guys had against comfort, but Kelly's Harness is about as comfortable as they come.

VSE is a small company that is playing with the big boys. They don't spend a ton of money on their advertising because their rig is so good they don't need to. Infinity owners sell the rig, not flash graphics. Ask yourself this: Who pays for advertising? Answer: You do.

By keeping their costs down, they are able to keep their prices down. Do you want to pay more to allow your favorite mfg. to run bigger ads to make more money for them, or would you rather spend less money for a really great rig and spend the extra money on jump tickets? It's your choice.

The Infinity has killer pin protection, a good, solid wrap-around main container, is easy to pack and easy for your rigger to pack (and make look good!).

The rig is just solid, and you won't find any better customer service out there. Like I said, VSE is a small company, and they value their client base. They will go out of their way to make your experience with them something to make you smile....can you tell I like VSE and their product? :P

Buy one, you'll never regret it.

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

>>> Never had a cutaway with it, so I can't give first-hand info about that.

My DZ (~ 1 hour from Velocity's digs in Kapowsin, from what I understand) uses them for student rigs. What information about firsthand cutaway experience would one want to know?

Kelly's pretty good about getting back to people on email...unless they're running short in the shop, then he's under a machine and not on the computer. I would suggest you give them a call if you have something to ask and can't wait to get an email back...anyone at VSE will be more than happy to help you with questions. (360) 893.6111

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."